Hi!! new to React OS -What works audio-wise???

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

chilibowl

Hi!! new to React OS -What works audio-wise???

Post by chilibowl »

Hello ,I am a recent arrival to REACT and am trying it out of curiosity . I am a Long time LInUX & winDows user. I build many systems. ;)

What Software works <applications> under REACT os :cry: I am specifically looking for any audio/CD burning -ripping apps that fit in.

I tried to use some from a CDTOOLS CD (win 98&up useable). Not much luck.

Regards ,

Chilibowl
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Hi!! new to React OS -What works audio-wise???

Post by EmuandCo »

It's hard to say which apps work. Some do and some don't. You have to try it yourself. Audio basically works but mixing is not implemented yet. This is one of our google summer of code projects though
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
naums

Post by naums »

first it's ReactOS :) . I find that nothing works with audio, at least on all tested VirtualPCs I tried (VirtualBox + current revision and audio driver from application manager ==> nothing). I did net even get ReactOS to make a simple beep. If audio works at yours: consider yourself happy. I think I've seen Winamp working on the Chemnitzer Linux Tage 2011 so I think this works. VLC.

CD Burning... try out CDBrunerXP or Ashampoo or things like that. I don't even know whether ReactOS has CdBurndrivers yet. ^^

MfG Naums
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Winamp worked the whole day and streamed Metal Only Internet Radio. Same thing in Berlin...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
j_anderw
Developer

Post by j_anderw »

chilibowl wrote:Hello ,I am a recent arrival to REACT and am trying it out of curiosity . I am a Long time LInUX & winDows user. I build many systems. ;)

What Software works <applications> under REACT os :cry: I am specifically looking for any audio/CD burning -ripping apps that fit in.

I tried to use some from a CDTOOLS CD (win 98&up useable). Not much luck.

Regards ,

Chilibowl
Hiya!

In order to have audio working in ReactOS with VBox, you need to:

1.) Have audio activated in Vbox Settings
2.) Use Windows DSound as host driver
3.) Use ICH AC97 - SB 16 is not supported
4.) Use the correct driver from downloader.

kind regards,
Johannes
naums

Post by naums »

So I need to have Windows running as Host system? Under Linux as Host System with PulseAudio does not work?
j_anderw
Developer

Post by j_anderw »

naums wrote:
So I need to have Windows running as Host system? Under Linux as Host System with PulseAudio does not work?
It should also work with Linux as a host system. Have you verified that sound works in other VM's in linux?
naums

Post by naums »

Well... I think I haven't enabled sound im by virtual Box ^^