USB Stick

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ccucu

USB Stick

Post by Ccucu »

Hi.

I'm trying to put an USB Stick in the PC and install some software + drivers from it but I can't seem to find where to access it.
I'm running ReactOS 0.3.13 in a hardware environment, AMD Athlon 2200+, 512 Mb RAM DDR 1, 40 Gb ATA HDD(Samsung)
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

naums

Re: USB Stick

Post by naums »

1. hardware environment? You mean Virtual PC or real PC? real PC ==> bad idea.

2. USB-storage is not supported. ^^ But keyboards and I believe some mouses are working. I tried ROS once on a Pentium 4 PC but the mouse was not working...

MfG naums
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Keyboard and Mouse only Run with enabled Legacy Mode.
And its New to me that real Hardware is a Bad idea. The opposite is the Case, we Need real Hardware Debug Logs badly.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
naums

Post by naums »

Well... bad idea because ros may crash your data.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

naums wrote:Well... bad idea because ros may crash your data.
Real Hardware doesn't mean installing ReactOS side by side with Windows in your usual machine.
It means installing in an old-covered-of-dust PC with no valuable data in it.
naums

Post by naums »

okay... if you go that way.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

vicmarcal wrote:
naums wrote:Well... bad idea because ros may crash your data.
Real Hardware doesn't mean installing ReactOS side by side with Windows in your usual machine.
It means installing in an old-covered-of-dust PC with no valuable data in it.
I do try it on my usual PC, and I found recently that was not the best idea. Luckily, it was nothing Norton couldn't fix. It seems ROS and Windows don't quite access FAT32 volumes the same way. All I know was that I installed a small screen capture program under ROS, ran it, and then went back to Windows to share it. However, I couldn't get into the folder where the data was, and Windows called it a corrupted folder. So between using CHKDSK, NDD, and another tool, I was able to delete the corrupt folder and recover the files created under ROS (which were also trashed). It didn't harm any of the data I had before trying ROS under real hardware, but I understand now that it could have.
naums

Post by naums »

Well Windows even sees ":" in the foldernames as an not openable folder. To answer the initial question: No USB-Support isn't there. ^^