ReactOS PSDK Headers

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

hbelusca
Developer

ReactOS PSDK Headers

Post by hbelusca »

Hi everybody !

I have currently few problems concerning building some code using the ReactOS PSDK headers: I am working during my spare time on a rewrite of the MSConfig utility as well as playing with the ReactOS source code, and I use some (documented, of course!) constants (e.g. ERROR_BAD_FILE_TYPE or OFN_EX_NOPLACESBAR , ...) or structure typedefs (e.g. PWIN32_FIND_DATA , ...) or even the well-known macro ARRAYSIZE(). These objects are available when I use Visual C++ (2005, 2008, 2011) to compile and test my version of MSConfig. The problems arise when I try to compile the sources with GCC (using RosBE), using the PSDK headers of ReactOS: I see that some constants and macros I use from the PSDK are not declared: for instance the error message appears: "error: 'ARRAYSIZE' was not declared in this scope". Of course I do NOT want to hack my code which uses documented things of the PSDK for making it compile with the ReactOS PSDK headers.

Thus, I wonder if there are other problems in the ReactOS headers, for instance some forgotten or mis-defined "useful" macros or constants...

Is there anybody who is already specially in charge of working on the ReactOS headers ?? Because I would like to help improve/correct the existing headers with the aim that, someday, the ReactOS PSDK headers may be used as a replacement for the Microsoft's ones without any problem like the one described before.

Regards,
Hermès
Haos
Test Team

Re: ReactOS PSDK Headers

Post by Haos »

Thanks for your attention. Could you please try to reach our IRC channel - irc.freenode.net at #reactos channel and chat with AmineKhaldi? He will be able to help you out, straightening out our headers in the process.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Thanks !
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Please let me know if you have any problems reaching our irc channels or catching AmineKhaldi online.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

I've just talked to him today ! Thanks !