[QUESTION] how Can i modify The number of build?

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

HardTech

[QUESTION] how Can i modify The number of build?

Post by HardTech »

Hi all
How Can i modify The number of build?
For example "Microsoft Service pack 2"...
Bye And thanks
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: [QUESTION] how Can i modify The number of build?

Post by EmuandCo »

We already say that we are SP2 and there is nothing newer for Win2k3 which we claim to be. Otherwise I have to check where that was, but its way more than one location to be changed.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

What you want to change is the so called CurrentVersion, a key in ReactOS/Windows registry:
HKLM \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
You can get it with the following call: GetStringFromReg(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, L"SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion", L"CurrentVersion");
On the other hand CurrentVersion has other interesting child called: CSDVersion (for Server iirc) which is a number that tells you the Service Pack installed.
(CSDBuildNumber in newest Windows)
HardTech

Post by HardTech »

Thank you Vic. Another question: how can i change The colour of taskbar?
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Hey nicoalta01. Next time we see you in here, I will file a lawsuit against you. THREAD CLOSED

EDIT: As good suggestion by ZWabbit, I will reson myself a bit. For everyone who wonders of my reaction. Check for nicoalta01 in here and feel free to ask a bit in IRC and you will know why^^
Posting links to illegal MS source code in here, in Jira, in IRC and by PM to several devs, trying to contaminate us and make a connection to illegal sources is not something we like to see here...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...