SDK folder? Y U NO SHOW YOURSELF?!

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

ubunturox104

SDK folder? Y U NO SHOW YOURSELF?!

Post by ubunturox104 »

Aloha,

I am beginning to make a "fork" of ReactOS. I began by replacing ReactOS's default icons with Windows 10-styled icons and tried to compile it. However, after configure.cmd is run and I go to ninja-build it, I get the error that the sdk folder is "no such file or directory". I checked, and the SDK folder is there! How can I fix this problem so I can compile ReactOS for testing?

View screenshot
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: SDK folder? Y U NO SHOW YOURSELF?!

Post by EmuandCo »

OK, your account name is "Marquis Kurt". That space in there makes it die. As you can see all folders it is not finding start with "Kurt". We had quite some fight to get spaces in file names work, but somehow GCC still hates us for doing that. Move the source to a folder like "C:\ReactOS" and try again. And be careful that you follow our licensing if you plan to release it. ^^ If you want ReactOS to use the new folder as base, open the shortcut settings and change the work folder to the new location.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
ubunturox104

Re: SDK folder? Y U NO SHOW YOURSELF?!

Post by ubunturox104 »

Thanks! That solved the problem.