How can i compile the single application of ReactOS using Visual Studio 2017

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

LuRenJiasWorld

How can i compile the single application of ReactOS using Visual Studio 2017

Post by LuRenJiasWorld »

Hello everyone.

I want to fix some bugs of its built-in software, but after I read the ReactOS Wiki, I just found that there are many tools and tutorials about how to build the entire ReactOS itself.

But I just want to build part of it, and, because of the ReactOS's WindowsNT-like Architecture, the software build for ReactOS should also work in Windows.

However, after I imported the single application's CMakeLists.txt into VisualStudio 2017, it does not work, saying "Unknown CMake Command: add_rc_deps".

I realized that it's because I did not import ReactOS's CMake macros, which is located in reactos/sdk/cmake/*.cmake, but I think it's not a good idea to include all the macros manually.

I was wonder that if I should use other method to build part of the ReactOS, i.e, the single application like reactos/base/applications/notepad.

Thanks a lot if anybody can tell me how to deal with this :?:
ThFabba
Developer

Re: How can i compile the single application of ReactOS using Visual Studio 2017

Post by ThFabba »

If you run "configure.cmd VSSolution", CMake will generate projects for all modules, then you can open the one(s) you want to work on.
LuRenJiasWorld

Re: How can i compile the single application of ReactOS using Visual Studio 2017

Post by LuRenJiasWorld »

ThFabba wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:54 pm If you run "configure.cmd VSSolution", CMake will generate projects for all modules, then you can open the one(s) you want to work on.
Yes, you are right, it's my fault for not reading the help documentation in the Wiki completely. I just missed some of the documentations.
Now I can continue my development for this project.
I appreciate your support! Thanks for your help!