The Start menu modern

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

zecarlos1957

The Start menu modern

Post by zecarlos1957 »

Hello everyone
I'm trying to get acquainted with ReactOS. I have already been able to compile and install ReactOS on the virtual disk. But the start menu is classic, and as I would like to see this menu type Windows7, I got to the file "trayprop.cpp" that refers to the setup of the start menu. The modern type is disabled by force of SHRestricted (RES_NOSTARTPANEL) =! 0. That is, there is some value written in the registry entry HKEY ... I will continue to look for how to reverse this situation which may take a good few hours, or that someone with a charitable soul indicates a shortcut. A hug to all of you and thanks for this fantastic work.
ThFabba
Developer

Re: The Start menu modern

Post by ThFabba »

The modern start menu is not implemented in ROS. So there's no shortcut...
zecarlos1957

Post by zecarlos1957 »

Ok ThaFabba
After looking at the code I see that only part, is implemented. We have both objects created "hwndCustomizeClassic" and "hwndCustomizeModern"
but the selection part is not implemented and so the "hwndCustomizeModern" object has been disabled. This was my first day to familiarize myself with the code. Thank you for answering my question. A hug
zecarlos1957

Post by zecarlos1957 »

First objective achieved. The start menu properties dialog box already has the two models: "Classic" and "Modern". The next step is more difficult, that is to be able to create the "modern" type menu.
Can anyone help where I can find the location where the REST_NOSTARTPANEL flag was written in the registry

I thought I'd find it in "reactos \ dll \ win32 \ syssetup \ wizard.c" but I could not. Thank you
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

https://git.reactos.org/?p=reactos.git; ... 9667e#l217
https://git.reactos.org/?p=reactos.git; ... 667e#l1902

... though I don't expect that enabling the UI for a feature that's not implemented will gain you much.
zecarlos1957

Post by zecarlos1957 »

OK friend. This is a way to understand how the code works. Trying to overcome difficulties. For now the biggest is on how to create the "CreateStartMenuModern" function.
Thanks for the quick response
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

You have to implement the CPersonalStartMenu Class. There is already a JIRA issue for that: https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-7850