Getting System Error Code strings?

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

Scalpel78

Getting System Error Code strings?

Post by Scalpel78 »

Hi, I'm new to the whole ReactOS space, but have to say I'm mighty impressed as to the state of the system.

I'd like to contribute, and am brushing up on my long-lost C skills by trying to rewrite the shutdown.exe command in ReactOS. As it is now it differs from the Windows version in which arguments it accepts.

I'm calling the ExitWindowsEx() function, and use GetLastError() to print the errorcode. When I look in the MSDN documentation I see that Microsoft have a long list of error codes describing the codes.

Does ReactOS have the same listdefinition somewhere? I'd like to be able to print out the textversion of the error, and not just the errorcode.

Scalpel78
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

As ReactOS is mainly C, ASM and Win32 (with a good portion of NT architecture) all help will be greatly appreaciated. You should visit our irc channel #reactos at freenode.net and speak with the devs (all operators on this channel are devs. Fireball (Alexey) is the project coordinator, so you should talk with him, but rest of us there can answer some of your questions.
Scalpel78

Post by Scalpel78 »

Thanks!

I joined the IRC channel, and got all the help I needed there. Now I can boast about having written the current implementation of both shutdown.exe and logoff.exe (and a few other things) which is currently used in ReactOS.

All other newbie developers are encouraged to join the IRC channel and contribute as well!

Looking forward to watching ReactOS become a first-class citizen in the OS community.