Delphi supported?

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

bobby

Delphi supported?

Post by bobby »

I saw some earlier discussions on Delphi progs, and I'm curious if Delphi apps works on current SVN builds?

I'm a writer of a GUI for cdrtools. "The_GUI" is writen in Delphi7. Would this run under ReactOS?

regards

====================
sorry for my english
GvG

Re: Delphi supported?

Post by GvG »

bobby wrote:I saw some earlier discussions on Delphi progs, and I'm curious if Delphi apps works on current SVN builds?
Well, at least some Delphi apps work. Whether or not a specific app works depends on what it tries to do....
Gasmann

Re: Delphi supported?

Post by Gasmann »

I had some success with the opensource tool RazorLame, a gui frontend for lame written in Delphi 5. However it shows up an error like "List index out of bound (-1)" in ReactOS if you want to do anything, don't know why :roll:
bobby

Post by bobby »

List index out of bounds (-1):
If a listbox on GUI have no default value (default selected item), but empty box, this empty item have a index (-1).
To explain, because I'm not sure of my English:
when you create a GUI with a listbox (drop-down list), and you put some items ond the list, they have indexes 0 to (n-1).
If you don't want any of items to be selected as default, you would put default index = -1. This way, the listbox will appear empty on the program start. The real items from list will be visible after clicking on the list to open it.
Maybe this (index = -1) isn't implemented in ReactOS yet.
Gasmann

Post by Gasmann »

@bobby Thanks for the nice explanation! :wink:
Megari

Post by Megari »

Maybe this (index = -1) isn't implemented in ReactOS yet.
It most probably is since the error message is due to an exception fired by the VCL (Borland Visual Component Library). If ReactOS ignored the situation, the application might just fail silently. Actually, I'm not sure if ReactOS is even asked - the VCL surely does hold some info about the state of the component.
Wag the dog.
st

Post by st »

bobby wrote:List index out of bounds (-1):
If a listbox on GUI have no default value ...
Look, it is "List index". Not "Listbox index".
bobby

Post by bobby »

@st
Sure it is List index, not listbox index. But, isn't that an ordinary list in a listbox VCL component? I think it is.
mjs

Post by mjs »

bobby wrote:@st
Sure it is List index, not listbox index. But, isn't that an ordinary list in a listbox VCL component? I think it is.
Of course it is. The item list is a normal TStringList.

Regards,
Mark