The source code

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

val

Re: The source code

Post by val »

Oh, sorry, I've just noticed I misread his post, he actually says its OS does need underlying services.
Also, it does need an underlying NT BASED system to run
Sorry, Redline_1, my bad.

So it boils down to the GUI-less OS. But hey, that doesn't mean you don't need to know asm/C to create something of that kind. Your "batch files" engine, it should be written in some compiled language I guess. To run fast. Or you just want to implement all the functionality with cmd.exe scripts? That would be challenging, at least to say.
Redline_1

Re: The source code

Post by Redline_1 »

val wrote:Oh, sorry, I've just noticed I misread his post, he actually says its OS does need underlying services.
Also, it does need an underlying NT BASED system to run
Sorry, Redline_1, my bad.

So it boils down to the GUI-less OS. But hey, that doesn't mean you don't need to know asm/C to create something of that kind. Your "batch files" engine, it should be written in some compiled language I guess. To run fast. Or you just want to implement all the functionality with cmd.exe scripts? That would be challenging, at least to say.
Thanks for the information, the cmd.exe scripts are in ONE script and run using the 'goto (Insert part here)' command.