OSSP & ISO size

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ArmyMan007

OSSP & ISO size

Post by ArmyMan007 »

Hey everyone,

After thinking about it for some time, I was wondering how would the OSSP (Open Source Support Program) impact that size of the upcoming ISO's. If the devs were to include some of these programs, the ISO file should expand in sizes and would be much larger than the average 60~-70~ MB ISO's we download today.

I thought that one of the goals of the project was to deliver a fully functional OS without exceeding the 200 MB limit... or am I wrong?
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
mrugiero

Re: OSSP & ISO size

Post by mrugiero »

ArmyMan007 wrote: I thought that one of the goals of the project was to deliver a fully functional OS without exceeding the 200 MB limit... or am I wrong?
Where did you get such an idea? I didn't ever find any mention of a size related goal.
Still, I don't think the OSSP states the software will be included in the isos, but that it will be in the download manager.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

ArmyMan007 wrote:Hey everyone,

After thinking about it for some time, I was wondering how would the OSSP (Open Source Support Program) impact that size of the upcoming ISO's. If the devs were to include some of these programs, the ISO file should expand in sizes and would be much larger than the average 60~-70~ MB ISO's we download today.

I thought that one of the goals of the project was to deliver a fully functional OS without exceeding the 200 MB limit... or am I wrong?
The idea is that they get slipstreamed. As we're actually doing with Gecko in 2nd stage or with current ReactOS Application Manager.
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

mrugiero wrote:Where did you get such an idea? I didn't ever find any mention of a size related goal.
I think I noticed it several years ago, but than again I could be wrong.. As long as OSSP is included and won't increase the size of the ISO's, then I feel comfortable with it :)
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

OSSP?? We dont add a tool called OSSP at all. The CD includes only files which are built outta our tree.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

EmuandCo wrote:OSSP?? We dont add a tool called OSSP at all. The CD includes only files which are built outta our tree.
OOSP == Open Source Support Program
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

gonzoMD wrote:
EmuandCo wrote:OSSP?? We dont add a tool called OSSP at all. The CD includes only files which are built outta our tree.
It's still better than OOPS!
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

Webunny wrote:
gonzoMD wrote:
It's still better than OOPS!
True That! :lol: