Another Bugs.

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

theclockknowsall

Another Bugs.

Post by theclockknowsall »

I found this bugs and outline white boxes.

The Applications of ReactOS are closing when I Ctrl+Alt+Tab

Heres the Picture.

[ external image ]
hbelusca
Developer

Re: Another Bugs.

Post by hbelusca »

You should understand that almost no dev is looking into the forums to find potential bugs. For reporting bugs, you have no choice but to report them in our bugtracker.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Probably you are using 0.3.16.
Please retest with: http://iso.reactos.org/bootcd/bootcd-63545-dbg.7z
theclockknowsall

the bug is still dissame. I updated all of my svn trunks.
jimtabor
Developer

Post by jimtabor »

What is the bug exactly?
theclockknowsall

The outline of the rename of the file.
milon

Post by milon »

@jimtabor: It's a graphical glitch. I think the white box is supposed to (on Windows) dynamically size itself to be a pixel or two larger than the text currently in it.

EDIT - Just tried it on Win7. Windows does dynamically size the white box, but also seems to keep it about 2.5em widths wider (on the right) than is needed by the current text.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

milon wrote:@jimtabor: It's a graphical glitch. I think the white box is supposed to (on Windows) dynamically size itself to be a pixel or two larger than the text currently in it.

EDIT - Just tried it on Win7. Windows does dynamically size the white box, but also seems to keep it about 2.5em widths wider (on the right) than is needed by the current text.
It's a wine bug...
middings

Post by middings »

theclockknowsall wrote:I found this bugs...
Thank you for trying ReactOS. I appreciate your perseverance after encountering bugs in this alpha level software.

Please write a bug report. A bug report quickly brings problems with ReactOS that you discover to the attention of the project's developers. The project's developers automatically receive electronic notices of new bug reports. Posts in the ReactOS Forums are not meant for bug reports. Attempts to report bugs in a Forum might never be noticed by the developers.

First verify that the bugs you discovered occur in a recent daily build of ReactOS. If you found bugs in a ReactOS point release (example: 0.3.16) the bugs might already be fixed.

If the bugs you discovered also occur in a recent daily build of ReactOS, please file a bug report. File one report for each newly discovered bug. Bug reports made in ReactOS's JIRA Bugtracker will quickly come to the attention of ReactOS developers. Before making a bug report please review the post "File bugs in the bug tracker!" elsewhere in this forum. Follow the link to the File Bugs page in the ReactOS wiki. That page describes the requirements for a good bug report that is useful to ReactOS's developers. (Unfortunately, some information on the File Bugs page is outdated. ReactOS now uses JIRA as the project's bugtracker software. Treat references to Bugzilla as references to the JIRA bugtracker.)

To begin a bug report (called an "issue" in JIRA) use the Bugtracker link at the top of the page. Log in with your existing Forum credentials. (Note: A wait of up to 24 hours may be required after creating new Forum credentials before they are available to JIRA.) If the What's New in JIRA 5.2 splash page appears, you may close it. Create an issue by typing c or choosing the Create Issue link at the upper left of the page.

Bugs found in the ReactOS operating system belong to the project Core ReactOS. For the Issue Type, the bubble with the question mark inside opens a sub-window with short descriptions of the available choices. Choose the most appropriate one. Put the title of your bug report into the Summary field. This should be a very short summary of the bug you found. For the Description field, add more details so the developers can reproduce your bug. Choose an appropriate priority level then click the Create button on the lower right of the window. Your bug report is now logged.

Any input field of the bug report that you are not sure about (or anything best left to the Project Lead) you may leave as you found it when you began your bug report. The Project Lead will make any necessary additions or changes to the bug report you created.

I look forward to seeing the bugs you have found become resolved.