hows the wine ?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

arlon1

hows the wine ?

Post by arlon1 »

wine software = app that runs windows apps, how much is it progressing pretty lately in its development and how much compatible is it with windows apps right now..?? just curious
PurpleGurl

Re: hows the wine ?

Post by PurpleGurl »

It should be coming along. After all, we use much of their code, and we sometimes improve their code. They probably have more compatibility than us, ironically, since Linux has more hardware compatibility than we do.
middings

Post by middings »

arlon1 wrote:wine software = app that runs windows apps, how much is it progressing...
http://tinyurl.com/o8n8kv4
arlon1

Post by arlon1 »

this questions might be a bit sensitive; do you think wine developers will make use of the windows nt4 and 2000 leaked source code??
oldman

Post by oldman »

arlon1 wrote:this questions might be a bit sensitive; do you think wine developers will make use of the windows nt4 and 2000 leaked source code??
It is in deed a very sensitive question!

To answer your question; my opinion is NO, the reason is, that Codeweavers are involved with Wine and they would not have anything to do with Microsoft's copyrighted code. If Wine were to ever use any leaked Microsoft code, then I would expect the powers that be, here at ReactOS, to immediately sever all links to the Wine project.

I would advise you to drop this subject, before a moderator politely rebukes you.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
arlon1

Post by arlon1 »

@oldman temptations killing me :lol:
oldman

Post by oldman »

arlon1 wrote:@oldman temptations killing me :lol:
Do you seek to advance ReactOS or hinder it's progress?

Let me enlighten you; some years ago a ReactOS developer suddenly declared that there was Mircosoft code in the ReactOS source tree, which caused the development of ReactOS to slow down, while a full audit of the ReactOS source tree was conducted. The ReactOS source tree was found to be totally clean!

If you want to promote ReactOS, then keep away from any leaked MS code and keep off the subject of using it!
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

arlon1 wrote:do you think wine developers will make use of the windows nt4 and 2000 leaked source code??
Dude, you asked that in THREE different threads. Are you trolling us or just spamming us?

NOBODY has any use for NT4 source code today (well, almost nobody). ReactOS and friends can't use it because of licensing, Microsoft and partners won't use it because it's obsolete.
arlon1

Post by arlon1 »

@blackfox i ask couple of times bcoz all i get are shit answers and retarded replies
arlon1

Post by arlon1 »

@oldman ok, i get the license issue.. are u saying that were being monitored by microsoft?
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

We don't touch leaked code because doing so is copyright violation and thus breaking the law. That should not be difficult to grasp.
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

arlon1 wrote:@oldman are u saying that were being monitored by microsoft?
ReactOS is open source. Every line of code from every commit can be monitored by everyone. If anyone committed copyrighted code and anyone in the world noticed, it would be lawsuit time. Microsoft doesn't even have to be monitoring, they would only have to hear about it. The odds of an open source project committing copyrighted code and no one ever noticing are about the same as the odds of posting a video of yourself committing a crime on YouTube and the police never noticing. (People have done that.) Committing copyrighted code into an open source project is literally posting evidence of illegal activity on the internet for all to see. Now that would be "retarded".
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.