EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

manuel

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by manuel »

Q-dir is a file manager with panels, work in reactos now 8-)
[ external image ]
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

Hey any specific kinds of apps you need tested in this category of testing? Just remember some people getting angry because I tested a lot of old Windows and DOS apps.
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.
middings

Post by middings »

To test apps of interest to the dev team, go here https://reactos.org/wiki/Testing_Central and use a recent build to thoroughly test the GOLDENAPPS. To share test results with readers of the ReactOS Forum, start a new topic. ReactOS fans like good news. Please report all bugs in JIRA before posting about them in the forum. JIRA bug reports can be linked in a forum post with the jira tag.

After the GOLDENAPPS, try apps in the Candidate Apps list. Tests of the Microsoft Office viewers and MS Office 2003 may be of special interest to devs working on the ReactOS Community Edition.
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

Never mind this post
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.
ayamiooruri29

Post by ayamiooruri29 »

[ external image ]

I tooked running ReactOS on Virtual PC 2007 while on HBCD Mini XP.
manuel

Post by manuel »

A game with a Kitty 3 (under reactos 71245 version), requiere Adobe Air to run ;)
[ external image ]
CircularTriangle06

Post by CircularTriangle06 »

1C Repetitor: Mathematics (2003 edition) now installs properly without MSI errors that happened before. Though: system must be switched to 8-bit color before install, and an advpack.dll replacement by Flash 5 installer must be reverted to avoid a system corruption. Math Toolkit works (including its XFormula ActiveX objects), main app doesn't because it uses advanced internet explorer integration.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
CircularTriangle06

Winamp's MilkDrop 2 visualizer, as advanced as it is, works. As long as pixel shaders are disabled in the settings and music is started. Fullscreen works, too. VirtualBox 5.0.20.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
As well as another visualizer from http://www.geisswerks.com/, Monkey (1.02). Works with realtime speed.
[ external image ]
manuel

Post by manuel »

CircularTriangle06 wrote: [ external image ]
Great, but, exists sound in reactos now?
petr-akhlamov

Post by petr-akhlamov »

VLC with sound: one cartoon, one movie, one video from youtube, music.
https://youtu.be/pOD-DjR5vmI
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

MugenFighter wrote:Hey any specific kinds of apps you need tested in this category of testing? Just remember some people getting angry because I tested a lot of old Windows and DOS apps.
I don't think you need to worry about that, it was very interesting to see the old games played. It makes ReactOS seem very viable as a games platform for DOS apps. Those images will appeal to a potentially large community so keep posting them. Post some other stuff you've tested too! :)
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
CircularTriangle06

Fishamp2002 visualizer for Winamp works.
[ external image ]

AND - Zoom 3 demo reel works. r71329, was tested on VBox with 2.9GB memory, with sound and Additions.
There is significant sound desync and very minor graphics mismatches, speech synthesis is disabled.
[ external image ]
dsp8195

Post by dsp8195 »

CircularTriangle06 wrote:Zoom 3 demo reel works. r71329, was tested on VBox with 2.9GB memory, with sound and Additions.
There is significant sound desync and very minor graphics mismatches, speech synthesis is disabled.
[ external image ]
This is a 64kb demo, not "demo reel". Speech synthesis uses MS Agent and Microsoft Sam engine, which is non-existent in both Wine and ReactOS.

Now if someone could test Doom 3 under ReactOS, since they use pretty much the same set of shaders and effects.
JHKr0md1yk

Post by JHKr0md1yk »

Here's something I've found on a geek site a that I frequent as a guest which should definitely count as an EPIC WIN! for the project.

http://tweakers.net/downloads/37359/rea ... #r_8554629

If the link turns out dead at one point just trim everything after the question mark and scroll down to the reply in question (if you can read Dutch that is). Here's my translation of that.

:-) Point taken :-)

We've got 2 ReactOS machines running a data acquisition system with a PCI card for which only Windows NT5.x drivers exist. Manufacturer went bust years ago.

There is a similar system of another manufacturer but that one costs €100.000,- (measurement card + software), and doesn't exactly have the same range of measurement as our current gear. If we would be switching to said new system we've got to put adjustment filters between the probes and the measurement card (which needs to be custom made). We also have to redo all our reference measurements to calibrate the new equipment in order to align the measurements with those gathered from the old gear (several hundreds, 2-3 hours per measurement)

We've calculated what it would cost us to switch to the new equipment begin 2015, and estimated an amount of over € 3.000.000 ,- including hardware, software and man-hours. For something that's going to net us only an estimated 2,5 millions and goes end-of-life by the end 2017 the choice for going with ReactOS until 2017 4Q was easily made.

Looks like not only John & Jane Does are taking note of ReactOS, it is actually being used in a professional setting in companies.
fennec

Post by fennec »

Indeed epic win :) it would be great to have a newsletter about it, ReactOs PR should get in touch with them!