intregrating some video drivers in a LiveCD

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zombiedeth

intregrating some video drivers in a LiveCD

Post by Zombiedeth »

I was curious if it's possible to integrate a video driver in the ReactOS LiveCD. I know it's technically possible with livecd's like Windows PE but is rather problematic. Could it be easier with ReactOS given it does not have the same restrictions imposed like on windows?
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: intregrating some video drivers in a LiveCD

Post by EmuandCo »

This is not a restricton WIndows added artificially. This a architecural limit, especially of Windows 2003 Server and XP. It won't behave much different yet I would say
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Zombiedeth

Post by Zombiedeth »

well i know on windows pe you could make it work if all the files are in the right places and the registry entries are added to the registry hives. I wish the tools used to create the ReactOS livecd's was available idk if they have a method of driver injection though.
Murmur

Post by Murmur »

graphic drivers are usually pretty big and will prob be 2-4x larger than the live cd itself.
Zombiedeth

Post by Zombiedeth »

well if you limit it to just the driver it's not that bad and ReactOS only works with older drivers right now from what i have seen.
petr-akhlamov

Post by petr-akhlamov »

I added the video driver to the CD, but it worked somehow strange: video card is installed but monitor is standard.
https://youtu.be/UUiYaGpAjvU?t=7m8s
Zombiedeth

Post by Zombiedeth »

I think that symptom means the driver has been installed but hasn't been started. Now if there was a way to stop the vesa/vbe driver and start the Intel driver maybe it would work. Another possibility would be if you added the registry settings for the Intel driver to the livecd.