operating system focused to run VM's?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

romulo27

operating system focused to run VM's?

Post by romulo27 »

and no i dont mean a bare metal hypevisor, my internet is bad, doing remote connection would just lag as running KVM on my laptop
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: operating system focused to run VM's?

Post by EmuandCo »

And I don't get what you are asking here...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
romulo27

Post by romulo27 »

like i need something really fast to run a virtual machine, not only of reactOS, but of other stuff, and generally using virtualbox or any other virtualization software, lag alot and usually crash my laptop, i need something focused for running virtual machines, or something that is lightweight to run virtual machines
Konata

Post by Konata »

That sounds like the fault of your computer, not the operating system.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

If your OS already breaks down your PC not even the lightweightest OS will help you. Every Windows 8+ with HyperV should do it and if not your PC is too slow for bein hypervisor.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

EmuandCo wrote:If your OS already breaks down your PC not even the lightweightest OS will help you.
I think that MS-DOS should however work without problems, or Windows 3.11 :)
verserk

Post by verserk »

Throw Lubuntu or Manjaro (or whatever your preferred distro is) on it and use QEMU with a gui frontend. I find it to be much more efficient than virtualbox.
ReactOS: HP pavilion dv6500.
romulo27

Post by romulo27 »

verserk wrote:Throw Lubuntu or Manjaro (or whatever your preferred distro is) on it and use QEMU with a gui frontend. I find it to be much more efficient than virtualbox.
it is thank you!