Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

falcoware

Cooperation with Falco Software.

Post by falcoware »

Hello Guys!
We want to cooperate with your TEAM!

We want to use your OS with our installed games: www.falcoware.com

Is it possible to create WinXP under your OS and put all our games there?

We want to distribute your OS pretty cool! Can we use it by name Falco OS?
And we want to make some donation soon.

Sorry for my English.
middings

Re: Cooperation with Falco Software.

Post by middings »

falcoware wrote:We want to use your OS with our installed games: http://www.falcoware.com
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes. The most recent release of ReactOS is 0.4.6. Notice that the part of the release number is "0" (zero). Common software industry practice is to indicate that a software product is not ready for public distribution by using a zero as the first part of a release number. The ReactOS project follows this practice.
Is it possible to create WinXP under your OS and put all our games there?
The goal of the ReactOS project is compatibility with Microsoft Server 2003. When ReactOS is feature-complete and enters beta testing, ReactOS should provide an environment compatible with most software written for Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32-bit). Until then, you may wish to test ReactOS with your games and report any bugs you encounter using the ReactOS JIRA issue reporting system.
We want to distribute your (pretty cool OS!)
ReactOS is not yet ready for wide distribution. You do not wish to put your customers' PCs and data at risk. I say this again: ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.
Can we use it by name Falco OS?
You must comply with the licenses of all the software that comprises ReactOS.
And we want to make some donation soon.
Thank you for wanting to make a donation to support the development of ReactOS.
falcoware

Post by falcoware »

Thanks.

Question: when 1.0 should be released?
And Can I make the ISO setup of our games with your OS and distribute it?
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

falcoware wrote:Thanks.

Question: when 1.0 should be released?
And Can I make the ISO setup of our games with your OS and distribute it?
There is no release dates here, but I can tell you it won't be anytime soon. There is still tons needed to be ton and only a limited amount of developers are here. Your donations will help speed that up and if you know any C/C++ coding, feel free to help out on github here: https://github.com/reactos/reactos
falcoware

Post by falcoware »

Yes, I suppose I can provide about 10 C++ developers. But I need own FalcoOS derived from ReactOS. Is it possible?
Konata

Post by Konata »

falcoware wrote:Yes, I suppose I can provide about 10 C++ developers. But I need own FalcoOS derived from ReactOS. Is it possible?
Yes.
ReactOS is under GPL, so you must comply with that license and release the source of your derivative. But you can do anything you want with it and name it whatever you want. The only thing you have to be wary of is using ReactOS' trademarks (name, logo, etc.) but if you want to rename your derivative then that shouldn't be a problem.
Though be warned ReactOS is still extremely unstable and incomplete, it's not exactly viable to install it on real hardware yet, in fact that's heavily discouraged outside of testing purposes.