reactos bsod

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

darkx239

reactos bsod

Post by darkx239 »

I cant even load reactos the live cd bsod's before it even gets done loading! i see the reactos loading bar and the logo then it bsod's. and the boot cd well its just a black screen it loads boot drivers and then its just black i even waited an hour
dizt3mp3r

Re: reactos bsod

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Installed on what, how?

(You have just made the cardinal error of making a lot of noise but telling us so little we cannot really help in any way)

Now, let us know what, where, when, why, whom. Everything. Just as you would report any bug on any software and we'll see if we can help.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
darkx239

Post by darkx239 »

dizt3mp3r wrote:Installed on what, how?

(You have just made the cardinal error of making a lot of noise but telling us so little we cannot really help in any way)

Now, let us know what, where, when, why, whom. Everything. Just as you would report any bug on any software and we'll see if we can help.
well the livecd i boot it up it says choose on option i choose live cd it shows the react os logo and the loading that happens for a minute it gets close to loading then bsod's the bsod says stop error 0x0000007b the boot cd it says press any key to boot from react os medium then i press a key it says loading boot drivers after that its just a black screen
darkx239

Post by darkx239 »

oh wait i remember once i got it to load and then it said installing devices then crashed due to hdaudbus.sys
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

Is this a VM? Real hardware? What version of the Boot or LiveCD are you using?
darkx239

Post by darkx239 »

karlexceed wrote:Is this a VM? Real hardware? What version of the Boot or LiveCD are you using?
im using real hardware and the 0.4.7 iso of both the boot cd and the live cd i have two cd's
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

You need to tell us!

What hardware?

I have to ask, have you read the installation guide?

https://reactos.org/wiki/Installing_ReactOS
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
darkx239

Post by darkx239 »

dizt3mp3r wrote:You need to tell us!

What hardware?

I have to ask, have you read the installation guide?

https://reactos.org/wiki/Installing_ReactOS
i read the install guide but my current pc specs are cpu: i5-2320 gpu: nvidia gt 1030 motherboard: default gateway dx4860 motherboard
darkx239

Post by darkx239 »

btw going to bed right now
darkx239

Post by darkx239 »

can someone please help me? i cant fix this bsod and i really want to use react os
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

You can't really use ReactOS, you can only test ReactOS as it is not yet ready for use being in Alpha state. Hoping you understand what Alpha grade software means.

If the hardware was designed to allow XP to run then there is a chance it will run on the hardware you have. If not designed for XP then the chances diminish.

Search the forum for problems relating to NVidia GPUs. I imagine the problem may be due to ReactOS not yet handling Nvidia hardware well.

PS. If you always post all your information re: specs, versions &c on your first post then you will receive the appropriate help quicker. The same goes for all requests for software assistance on specific hardware.

PPS. It is nice to know you are getting some sleep. :)
middings

Post by middings »

"Stop error 0000007B" is "Error 0x7B, INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE". ReactOS reports the same error codes as Microsoft Windows XP and Server 2003.

Is the CD used to boot ReactOS being read by an internally-connected SATA or IDE CD drive or by a USB-connected CD drive?

@dizt3mp3: According to the Gateway Computer web site, the Gateway DX4860 desktop PC was only shipped with Windows 7 or newer versions of Windows. To find what little information is available for this product from the Gateway web site, go to http://www.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content ... -downloads then choose "Select my product from a list" > Desktops
  • > DX Series
    • > DX4860
      • . (Alternatively, enter "4860" in the "Search by Product Model" field. Choose "DX4860" from the drop-down list that appears.) Choose "All" from the "Latest/All" pair of boxes on the lower right of the page that appears. The Operating System drop-down list will show all the operating systems this model of PC shipped with.
Last edited by middings on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Middings knows his stuff... it looks as if your chance of running ReactOS (as a test) are diminishing but still worth trying. Failure should not deter you, simply revert to a virtual o/s running on Oracle virtualbox, you will have more joy there.