EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Adcock

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by Adcock »

That's some compatibility.
I feel safer already.

But another question popped up.
Does wanacry affect ReactOS?
Last edited by Adcock on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Adcock wrote: Does wanacry affect ReactOS?
Open another thread, this is "epic win".
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
petr-akhlamov

Post by petr-akhlamov »

ReactOS+NativeShell+defrag_native
[ external image ]
Oleg Dubinskij

Post by Oleg Dubinskij »

Krita 3.2.1.0 installs in Windows 7 mode (WIN7RTM) and works in ReactOS! Without this mode the installer can't install a program.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Oleg Dubinskij

Post by Oleg Dubinskij »

QuickTime Player 7.7.9 installs and works in ReactOS using Windows Vista SP2 compatibility mode (VISTASP2)! Without this mode the program can't install and launch too, because it requires a newer version of Windows.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

This is an epic of the epic win!!! The beginnings of NT6+ support!
Hope also our core development speeds up!
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
Oleg Dubinskij

Post by Oleg Dubinskij »

Machromedia Flash 8 (Basic and Professional) works in ReactOS!
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
florian

Post by florian »

Perhaps we should better move all application compatibilities in terms of the "Windows Vista SP2 (VISTASP2) and Windows 7 (WIN7RTM) compability mode" to own topics (e.g. Epic Win Compability Mode Win Vista and Epic Win Compability Mode Win 7" or at least to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16859#p129142?

Otherwise there are not clearly represented and might get lost in the shuffle of the Epic Win.
silasqwerty1

Post by silasqwerty1 »

Ultimate Solitaire by ValuSoft (https://archive.org/details/UltimateSol ... luSoft2003) seems to work perfectly in ReactOS!

[ external image ]
Clearvoyant

Post by Clearvoyant »

Pharoah, ReactOS 0.4.7. Sound driver installed, game produces sound, but sound is garbled. Pleased that it doesn't crash though.

[ external image ]
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

Warzone 2100 V2.3.9 works in Reactos 0.4.7
the terrain textures are a bit messed up i think i know what the problem is but i need to look into it
i think the problem is Warzone 2100 is using S3 Texture Compression but the version of wine direct x does not support that

[ external image ]

Edit after installing mesa3d that fixed the terrain textures
[ external image ]
A_S

Post by A_S »

Apache CouchDB 1.7.1 on ReactOS 0.4.8-RC.
Able to create DB and document through web-interface. After reboot document could be viewed.
[ external image ]
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

I think this thread would be way more beneficial to people if, instead of people posting random software that works, we only post if the software runs flawlessly (graphics, UI/GUI, sound, controls, etc) with default settings and no special configuration, and that it is the latest version/updates of that software. At this point in time, I don't think it is anything new if a piece of software can run on ReactOS, but I think people would be more excited and encouraged if they knew it was the latest and it could run flawlessly.

It's just a suggestion, though. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing stuff can run on ReactOS.
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

an update to the Warzone 2100

Warzone 2100 V2.3.9 works in Reactos 0.4.8
you need to install mesa3d the audio works but is a bit choppy the FMV playes but the audio is a bit choppy

Warzone 2100 V3.2.3 works in Reactos 0.4.8
you need to install mesa3d the audio is not working FMV playes but the audio is not working
ROCKNROLLKID wrote:I think this thread would be way more beneficial to people if, instead of people posting random software that works, we only post if the software runs flawlessly (graphics, UI/GUI, sound, controls, etc) with default settings and no special configuration, and that it is the latest version/updates of that software. At this point in time, I don't think it is anything new if a piece of software can run on ReactOS, but I think people would be more excited and encouraged if they knew it was the latest and it could run flawlessly.

It's just a suggestion, though. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing stuff can run on ReactOS.
i do not agree any software that can run at this stage even if it just about runs is still useful to post in the epic win thread
a proper compatibility databases will be more useful
ROCKNROLLKID wrote:I think people would be more excited and encouraged if they knew it was the latest and it could run flawlessly.
if i was to do that then the communicate will not know that Warzone 2100 V2.3.9 works in Reactos 0.4.8 but the audio works but is a bit choppy and Warzone 2100 V3.2.3 works in Reactos 0.4.8 but has no audio
black_ace

Post by black_ace »

Been a lurker for over a decade, and i think ReactOS is gaining steam day by day :D

Anyways, Here's Microsoft Visual Basic 5 Control Edition running on ReactOS 0.4.8!
[ external image ]