Using Cairo shell

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dr. Frankenstein

Using Cairo shell

Post by Dr. Frankenstein »

I Just Installed Cairo Shell, And Have Found A Quirk, I just tried to Open Opera in the program and found it did not not install in Cairo shell even thought it is installed on my PC. I tried setting the EXE in Cairo and it dose not seem to take that , I Also rebooted the pc thinking it would need a reboot to install the app , no success.
Is there something I'm doing (or Not doing) Or Over looking? Any Help would Be Welcome. Thanks In Advance.
dizt3mp3r

Re: Using Cairo shell

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Yes, you should read the installation notes on ReactOS and note the Alpha status. Expect everything to fail and be prepared to raise and report bugs as they occur. Do not expect any software to run correctly on any pre-beta o/s. If it does run successfully then be pleased. The status of any running software may change daily due to continual development.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

I agree "Alpha and Beta" Means to not expect everything to work
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Dr. Frankenstein wrote:I Just Installed Cairo Shell, And Have Found A Quirk, I just tried to Open Opera in the program and found it did not not install in Cairo shell even thought it is installed on my PC. I tried setting the EXE in Cairo and it dose not seem to take that , I Also rebooted the pc thinking it would need a reboot to install the app , no success.
Is there something I'm doing (or Not doing) Or Over looking? Any Help would Be Welcome. Thanks In Advance.
"Cairo Shell": You're trying to run the shell of Windows NT 4 in ROS? Not sure whether it would work...
DougLyons

Using Cairo shell

Post by DougLyons »

Maybe it's this: http://cairoshell.com/
middings

Post by middings »

How to Report Bugs Effectively by Simon Tatham
The key take-away of what Mr. Tatham wrote: ...the aim of the exercise is to enable (the programmers) to reproduce the problem. You want the programmer to run their own copy of the program, do the same things to it, and make it fail in the same way. When they can see the problem happening in front of their eyes, then they can deal with it.

So tell them exactly what you did.
I repeat that again for Dr. Frankenstein, the original poster (OP): So tell them exactly what you did.
Exactly. Step by step.

Briefer but more brusque is this Frequently Given Answer, "FGA: Please follow the standard litany when giving a problem report".

Here's a link to the always fun and educational slide show, "99 Ways to Ruin an Open Source Project". The slide show is viewed through a browser. To advance to the next element of the presentation, use the PC keyboard's down-arrow key or mouse's scroll wheel (one scrolling tick at a time).