Got a ReactOS tutorial to share? Drop it in here
Moderator: Moderator Team
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:20 pm
I recently purchased a DS918+ Synology NAS (Dedicated Home/Business Server) and decided to try installing ReactOS under the Virtual Machine Manager (VMM). This video
will show you how to install ReactOS on a Synology NAS running within VMM. It will step you through downloading ReactOS, setting up VMM, Installing ReactOS, acquiring/installing the Network Drivers and demonstrate installing applications from the ReactOS Application Manager (primarily Firefox).
Some advantages that I can think of
- Run as-needed without slowing down your primary computer or utilizing local disk space
- You can easily create a large library of ReactOS VMs of various versions and swap easily (or run concurrently depending on core allocation)
- VMs can easily be stopped/started on-demand for release/debug builds
Check out the video below:
- Library of ISOs (ReactOS builds) can be kept on the server without the need to transfer locally/re-download to build with VB/VMWare
For additional videos, please see my signature. There are some others that cover installing ReactOS to a Virtual Box VM, REAL HARDWARE and setting up the audio drivers, etc.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Trendiction [Bot] and 1 guest