reactos compiling issue

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

wineggdrop

reactos compiling issue

Post by wineggdrop »

I am using VS 2010 to compile ReactOS 0.49,it works fine due to the instructions.However,I would like to know the compiling is on debug/release mode by default,and if I want to change that,where to modify ?

thx.
ThFabba
Developer

Re: reactos compiling issue

Post by ThFabba »

Debug is the default, and I don't think there's an official way to make a release build. We have a builder in CI that makes sure things compile in release mode, but that's about all the use you can get from it.
justincase

Post by justincase »

Wouldn't it be a good idea to (at least occasionally) run tests on the release version to eliminate the possibility of race conditions that appear to work fine in debug mode because the debug code slows part of it down enough that the bugs don't show, but the bugs would appear in a release build?
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

It probably would be -- but tests are already showing more failures than anyone can fix in the debug builds -- and we don't even test MSVC or clang builds yet. So I don't consider it a priority.