Help with ReactOS on real hardware.

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

NovaDelta

Help with ReactOS on real hardware.

Post by NovaDelta »

This is my wild journey to install ReactOS on an HP 17-ak013dx.

I've only got one CD burner, which is in the laptop I'm trying to install ReactOS on. I use a Win10 installation to burn ReactOS to a 700MB CD-R. (Thank god for the light file size of ROS.)

I format the hard drive, install ROS on it and I haven't got any drivers, and no way to install them. (CD drive would work if I had a second CD burner. All the USB ports are probably 3.0. None of them recognize my USB drive.)

I was going to do what I did when installing Windows 7 on my ThinkPad which is use a Linux LiveUSB to download the drivers and put them on to the HDD with ROS.

I go to HP's website to look for drivers and wouldn't you know... They're all for Windows 10.

I was just curious whether or not the drivers for it would work with ROS. I'm doubtful since ROS would probably use Server 2003 drivers but hey, here's hoping the Win10 drivers.
Zombiedeth

Re: Help with ReactOS on real hardware.

Post by Zombiedeth »

Windows 10 drivers will not work, however the chipset for your network and sound is Realtek based so you may be in luck for them. Realtek still makes xp drivers for sound and networking. Last i checked the sound drivers don't work yet but the network drivers often do so you can try them.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zo ... s-software
NovaDelta

Re: Help with ReactOS on real hardware.

Post by NovaDelta »

Zombiedeth wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:23 am Windows 10 drivers will not work, however the chipset for your network and sound is Realtek based so you may be in luck for them. Realtek still makes xp drivers for sound and networking. Last i checked the sound drivers don't work yet but the network drivers often do so you can try them.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zo ... s-software
Much appreciated. Once I get network drivers installed I'll be able to get everything else too.

EDIT: Looked on the page, turns out it hasn't got the drivers for it. I'll keep looking.

Card Model: RTL8723DE

EDIT 2: The oldest drivers I could find for it were Windows 7 drivers.