ReactOS involving in 'GSoC' like event concerning documentation?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Quim

ReactOS involving in 'GSoC' like event concerning documentation?

Post by Quim »

https://opensource.googleblog.com/2019/ ... -docs.html

https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/

It could be so useful to ReactOS project to have an excellent quality documentation made by experts.
Anyone from devs that want to be part of this?
PurpleGurl

Re: ReactOS involving in 'GSoC' like event concerning documentation?

Post by PurpleGurl »

No, that's a separate program. He is talking about a new program SIMILAR to GSOC, but it is ONLY for documentation.
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Yes, season of docs is separate from GSOC. I think it is a good idea since making professional documentation can be hard and time consuming. It runs on a different timeline, so they both don't interfere with each other. I assume google pays the writters just like they pay students in GSOC, however I can;t seem to confirm that anywhere on their website.
Quim

Post by Quim »

ROCKNROLLKID wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:25 pm Yes, season of docs is separate from GSOC. I think it is a good idea since making professional documentation can be hard and time consuming. It runs on a different timeline, so they both don't interfere with each other. I assume google pays the writters just like they pay students in GSOC, however I can;t seem to confirm that anywhere on their website.
It is not launched yet...
But when it is ready, any volunteers to make ReactOS project profesional documentation?

https://developers.google.com/season-of ... s/timeline
April 23, 2019 at 20:00 UTC
Deadline for organization applications
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

I assume this is only for interns. There is nothing stopping the rest of us from already doing this.
shunesburg

Post by shunesburg »

PurpleGurl wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:48 pm No, that's a separate program. He is talking about a new program SIMILAR to GSOC, but it is ONLY for documentation.
Sorry, misunderstood of myself, cause I have read too quickly (and because I'm not native English speaker too).
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

shunesburg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:23 pm Sorry, misunderstood of myself, cause I have read too quickly (and because I'm not native English speaker too).
Hey, it happens. I might have been too harsh.
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Quim wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:59 am
ROCKNROLLKID wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:25 pm Yes, season of docs is separate from GSOC. I think it is a good idea since making professional documentation can be hard and time consuming. It runs on a different timeline, so they both don't interfere with each other. I assume google pays the writters just like they pay students in GSOC, however I can;t seem to confirm that anywhere on their website.
It is not launched yet...
But when it is ready, any volunteers to make ReactOS project profesional documentation?

https://developers.google.com/season-of ... s/timeline
April 23, 2019 at 20:00 UTC
Deadline for organization applications
We won't know that until July 30th, but that's only if the ReactOS decided to participate and if they get accepted. I assume that, because this is the first year for Seasons of Docs, that it will be a little slow and not as many people involved as it could be. That is how GSOC also started out.
Quim

Post by Quim »

ROCKNROLLKID wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:21 pm We won't know that until July 30th, but that's only if the ReactOS decided to participate and if they get accepted. I assume that, because this is the first year for Seasons of Docs, that it will be a little slow and not as many people involved as it could be. That is how GSOC also started out.
ReactOS project could be the first great project to participate. And being the second overdocumented Open Source OS behind GNU/Linux!