Building new systems with ReactOS?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

shunesburg

Re: Building new systems with ReactOS?

Post by shunesburg »

The secret for a W10 speed :
Go to the "Parameters" / "Windows Update" / "Advanced Options" / "Delivery Optimization"
"Turn off" the "Allow downloads from other PCs" and go to "Advanced Options" and put the limit to 5% to all.

After that close the window, open "Parameters" / "Privacy" / "Background apps" and turn off "Let apps run in the background"

After that close the window, open "Parameters" / "Cortana" in all things uncheck or turn off.

After that restart Windows and see the difference.

The spying and unoptimized options of Windows 10, it's not paranoia, it's a fact and it use lot of resource.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

justincase wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:49 pm Process Lasso can 'fix' it by monitoring the system for unusually slow threads and simply 'bumping' the CPU affinity of them
Thankyou, I'll take that into account, I already run process lasso on all Win10 systems that I create as it seems to resolve a lot of slow-downs in general.

Still though, just like the early Pentium dual cores, a core without direct access to its own memory controller or competing with other cores for access to memory is inevitably going to suffer compared to an architecture that can give fast memory access to multiple cores. I still think it might be wise to wait a generation or you'll be stuck with that "almost right" but actually "not right" 32 core system. People who buy the latest and best hardware just for the sake of it can be affected by that sort of choice (emotionally!) and those that really need the memory bandwidth won't like the resulting delays and hic-cups when their system runs more slowly than the one it replaced.
Last edited by dizt3mp3r on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

shunesburg wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:12 am
The spying and unoptimized options of Windows 10, it's not paranoia, it's a fact and it use lot of resource.
I'll note that too! :)
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.