AutoCAD 2004 doesn't work

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

JackJohn77

AutoCAD 2004 doesn't work

Post by JackJohn77 »

I've been experimenting with reactos on nightly builds. Then I put it on virtualbox. reactos Version 0.4.13. I have a spare AutoCAD 2004 cd that belongs to my father.

Then I tried to install it on reactos, but it doesn't work. I have tried to launch setup.exe and acad.msi, but nothing appears. I have tried to use compability mode to Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2000 but still, it doesn't work.

So, retry, fail or abort?
Last edited by JackJohn77 on Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dizt3mp3r

Re: AutoCAD 2004 doesn't work

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Retry in a year or so!
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

If you're willing to do a bit of work, please look into filing a Bug Report in Jira: https://reactos.org/wiki/File_Bugs
Quim

Post by Quim »

JackJohn77 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 am I've been experimenting with reactos on nightly builds. Then I put it on virtualbox. reactos Version 0.4.13. I have a spare AutoCAD 2004 cd that belongs to my father.

Then I tried to install it on reactos, but it doesn't work. I have tried to launch setup.exe and acad.msi, but nothing appears. I have tried to use compability mode to Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2000 but still, it doesn't work.

Do a Jira bug report...
Boot with "ReactOS (Log file) " boot option and submit the "debug.log" (C:\ReactOS\debug.log) to the Jira post

According to WINE forums, it seems that this program has some problems to work well...
Did you test AutoCAD 2004 under last version of WINE or using PlayOnLinux guide (using GNU/Linux distros like Ubuntu or PCLinuxOS)?

There is no Jira bug report concerning AutoCAD programs under ReactOS. Be the first to do it! :D
florian

Post by florian »

Our Support-Forum would have been the better place for your question.

Can anyone move it to Support?
Thanks in advance.
Charles Hewitt

Post by Charles Hewitt »

JackJohn77 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 am I've been experimenting with reactos on nightly builds. Then I put it on virtualbox. reactos Version 0.4.13. I have a spare AutoCAD 2004 cd that belongs to my father.

have the same problem