EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Quim

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by Quim »

ReactOS (0.4.11 and 0.4.13 builds) can be used as (close. somethimes the OS when installing does not cooperate ) daily use OS virtualized under VirtualBox 5.x to program in C language, using "ZinjaI " IDE.
Using simple didactic programs (using arrays, struct, functions,...).

It is something that I´m still testing with excellent results, but I´m surprised how stable is using ZinjaI to learn to program under ROS. :D
Zombiedeth

Post by Zombiedeth »

Hardware OpenGL working with the ATI Radeon HD 4250 and the following drivers
https://files.atherosdrivers.com/amd/11 ... cc_ocl.exe

[ external image ]

Seems i was mistaken hardware OpenGL fails with ATI drivers i didn't realize you have to manually select the driver

[ external image ]
Illen

Post by Illen »

Zombiedeth wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:03 am Seems i was mistaken hardware OpenGL fails with ATI drivers i didn't realize you have to manually select the driver
AFAIK you shouldn't actually override the graphics renderer with ones provided by GPU driver, it tends to cause issues and these should be already set as "System Default". To determine whether you're using GPU for rendering, please try wglinfo. Also, can you acheive such performance with ROS SW or Mesa3D (you can override by these)?
Zombiedeth

Post by Zombiedeth »

Illen wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:34 pm
Zombiedeth wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:03 am Seems i was mistaken hardware OpenGL fails with ATI drivers i didn't realize you have to manually select the driver
AFAIK you shouldn't actually override the graphics renderer with ones provided by GPU driver, it tends to cause issues and these should be already set as "System Default". To determine whether you're using GPU for rendering, please try wglinfo. Also, can you acheive such performance with ROS SW or Mesa3D (you can override by these)?
When set to "System Default" it's using ROS SW the performance seems to be attributed to 2d hardware acceleration because using the VESA driver i get about 32fps with wglgears.
Illen

Post by Illen »

Windows 8 x64 in VirtualBox 2.1.0 running on ReactOS, x64 guest virtualization needs VT-x capable hardware (in this case, a Lenovo Y50).
dMCsSdC.png
dMCsSdC.png (500.16 KiB) Viewed 6792 times
ReactOS x64 works as well ;)
MlyzmCz.png
MlyzmCz.png (67.12 KiB) Viewed 6842 times
Last edited by Illen on Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Illen

Post by Illen »

ReactOS boots from the ext2 volume, thanks to the recent ext2 fixes in FreeLDR
t5XUyAi.png
t5XUyAi.png (32.78 KiB) Viewed 6842 times
Because of FreeLDR still lacking a working ext2 boot sector, I have installed FreeLDR on another FAT32 volume.

EDIT:
FreeLoader is able to boot Windows from ext2 volume as well.
q63ZS8R.png
q63ZS8R.png (69.47 KiB) Viewed 6842 times
Last edited by Illen on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illen

Post by Illen »

ReactOS booted from RAM disk with write access to the boot volume (using the Windows 2003 RAM disk driver), the volume on HDD image is formatted using ext2 file system.
DoCtdnS.png
DoCtdnS.png (115.08 KiB) Viewed 6842 times
Last edited by Illen on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
verserk

Post by verserk »

My old version of Mouse and Keyboard recorder from RobotSoft works in ReactOS.

[ external image ]
ReactOS: HP pavilion dv6500.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

verserk wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:15 pm My old version of Mouse and Keyboard recorder from RobotSoft works in ReactOS.
But does it actually do what it is advertised for? (aka. does it actually work?)
verserk

Post by verserk »

hbelusca wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:17 pm But does it actually do what it is advertised for? (aka. does it actually work?)
Yes, it's hard to demonstrate with an image but it does repeat my mouse movement and clicks and keyboard typing.
ReactOS: HP pavilion dv6500.
blackandwhite

Post by blackandwhite »

Illen wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:11 am EDIT:
FreeLoader is able to boot Windows from ext2 volume as well.
I'm really curious how you did it. I've tried with NT4 and ext2ifs driver and got "Unknown hard error" (on blue boot screen) after booting it from ext2 partition with FreeLDR. No idea where I made mistake.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

We have a EXT2 driver in ROS. Problem is we have no EXT2 compatible bootsector yet. Thus you need a way to start freeldr without it. Then it should boot.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Illen

Post by Illen »

blackandwhite wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 pm I'm really curious how you did it. I've tried with NT4 and ext2ifs driver and got "Unknown hard error" (on blue boot screen) after booting it from ext2 partition with FreeLDR. No idea where I made mistake.
You need to load all the needed drivers at boot-time (change the Start value to 0 for each key in HKLM\CurrentControlSet\Services), since NT 4.0 has issues loading them from the ext2 volume. Also change their image path to "system32\drivers\driver_name.sys" (add the ImagePath entry if it doesn't exist), so FreeLDR doesn't fail to load these.
silasqwerty1

Post by silasqwerty1 »

I don't really know how to use the program, but QuarkXPress 5.0 seems to install and work well on Reactos 0.4.12! There do seem to be some minor graphical issues though. Edit: I can't seem to embed the picture directly, but here's the link :p [ external image ]
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

It looks as if it is working - Try creating a frame and some text, dropping a picture into it and then saving, re-open it. If it is then that's quite impressive. Quark Express was the industry standard tool for layout in the recent past.
Last edited by dizt3mp3r on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.