15%

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

The new auditing progress bar is online, and the current auditing status value is 60% :D

Thx to everyone who helped with auditing and coding the new progress bar script so far.
ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist »

That looks really great! I guess noone has expected 60%! :D
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

60%

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Great! 8)
Cool Dude 2k

Post by Cool Dude 2k »

frik85 wrote:The new auditing progress bar is online, and the current auditing status value is 60% :D

Thx to everyone who helped with auditing and coding the new progress bar script so far.
Cool. 8)
geertvdijk

Post by geertvdijk »

like 60% rocks! really quick progress...
-graey-
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

When you will have time, it would be nice to fix also the svn mailing list. :wink:

BTW, 62.2% cool.
Imod

Post by Imod »

62,2% YES ! :D . Well-done !
GaeTaN

Post by GaeTaN »

With a that fast progress, we expect to reach 100% by the end of the month :lol: 8)
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

GaeTaN wrote:With a that fast progress, we expect to reach 100% by the end of the month :lol: 8)
I like when people put very realistic goals like this on the shoulders of other ones. :lol:
Sirmatto

Post by Sirmatto »

GaeTaN wrote:With a that fast progress, we expect to reach 100% by the end of the month :lol: 8)
It all depends. From what I have seen on http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/ReactOS/, is that they are unlocking the most obvious stuff: code imported from other projects or code that someone can vouch for. So, while I'm hoping for a quick 100%, I'm more pessimistic that it will reach a certain percent and slow down, as they start reaching code that is uncertain.

But in good news, it looks like development is starting to slowly pick up for the unlocked portions. Fireball has imported the .9.10 release of Wine into the source tree, it looks like .9.5 was the last version that was imported, so hopefully this will bring a bunch of fixes with it.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

sirmatto is correct. We will reach around 80% quite quickly, but it will be very slow going after that.

It could be over 12 months before we see 100%.

However this new audit process is done in such a way that it doens't really matter what the progress bar says on the homepage. It won't effect anyones usage of ReactOS.

You can just pretend it's not actually happening :)
Coviti

Finally!....Progress!

Post by Coviti »

As you can see, the status bar is working again and now shows 62.2%. Now that's progress!
Sami

Post by Sami »

ged wrote: It could be over 12 months before we see 100%.

However this new audit process is done in such a way that it doens't really matter what the progress bar says on the homepage. It won't effect anyones usage of ReactOS.
This is why I dont see any point for that BIG progress bar in the front page of ReactOS.org.

Earlier when developers desided to freeze the developement during audit process, the progress bar in the front page of reactos.org was ok, because it did give something to wait about for ReactOS fans.

But now, when the audit process is done in the back ground of the project, this big audit bar steals all the attention. There is more interesting things (networking,...) in ReactOS -project happening right now than the audit process.

So I think the progress bar should be removed or at least moved from the front page. Or even greater, it would be cool to have some kind of progress bar about networking status and 0.3.0 -release.
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

I see the point to it.

Keeps the audit on the mind instead of going into the back burner never to see the light of day.

Note a progress bar to next version would be nice as well.
Cristan

The Auditing bar

Post by Cristan »

It seems like the new auditing status-script is finally working (although it's not completely finished). I think this is a very good thing, because now any interested user can see that the project isn't dead yet! :D

I am also very surprised that the auditing is already past 60%. Keep it up! However, I have to agree with previous posts: because the auditing now keeps place in the background, the progress bar could be a little less prominent on the frontpage.