0.3 is coming!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cmoibenlepro

0.3 is coming!

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Reactos 0.3 is coming! 8) A 0.3 branch has been officially opened. After much debugging, feature freeze and bugfixes, it should be released pretty soon.

Since there were no thread yet on the subject, I'm posting this to congratulate all the developers. I'm sure this will be a big step ahead for the project. You should be very proud of you, you did great things! :D

Long life to ReactOS!
Sirmatto

Post by Sirmatto »

I saw this earlier, and it is indeed good news. Hopefully the "stable" version will be out before June to impress those potential SoC-cateers
Cristan

Post by Cristan »

This is good news! There are simply too many cool features in the 0.3 SVN to keep them from a stable version.

I'm really eager to try this out!
tomleem

another step closer

Post by tomleem »

Yes, another step closer to 1.0 . :)

8)
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy
grigi

Post by grigi »

I wonder if now it the right time to submit the project to coverity for scan?

Or should that only be done after the audit is done?

We are already indirectly benifiting from the coverity project via wine, so I guess those code should be excluded.

For those that don't know what I am talking about:
http://scan.coverity.com/

and a description of what coverity does from wine's weekly news:
http://www.winehq.com/?issue=311#Coveri ... ans%20Wine
Cristan

Post by Cristan »

That looks very interesting! 639 fixes because of this program in KDE alone!

The current 0.3 branch is about fixing bugs (and sometimes: implementing a few features in order to be even able to fix some bugs). This program is perfect for this: it can automatically detect often occuring programming mistakes, and this could make ReactOS a lot less buggy.

However, I don't get the idea that ReactOS devs read the forum very much, let alone a post in the end of the 0.3 topic. I would suggest creating a new topic for this, and possibly mailing devs about it.
Lucractius

Post by Lucractius »

those people at Coverity seem very interesting...

would realy like to see what they could do with a totaly different thing since it looks like all their stuff is linux/unix based.

Wonder if they would even Aceept ReactOS to be checked...

Devs... dont suppose youll ask em?
jason.b.c

Re: 0.3 is coming!

Post by jason.b.c »

cmoibenlepro wrote:Reactos 0.3 is coming! 8) A 0.3 branch has been officially opened. After much debugging, feature freeze and bugfixes, it should be released pretty soon.

Since there were no thread yet on the subject, I'm posting this to congratulate all the developers. I'm sure this will be a big step ahead for the project. You should be very proud of you, you did great things! :D

Long life to ReactOS!
What will be the differances in it.?? What could possibly be so much differant about it between 0.2.9 and 0.3.0.?? :roll:
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

jason.b.c wrote:What will be the differances in it.?? What could possibly be so much differant about it between 0.2.9 and 0.3.0.?? :roll:
6 months. :wink:
jason.b.c

Post by jason.b.c »

cmoibenlepro wrote:
jason.b.c wrote:What will be the differances in it.?? What could possibly be so much differant about it between 0.2.9 and 0.3.0.?? :roll:
6 months. :wink:

Six months what.?? :?:
Sirmatto

Post by Sirmatto »

jason.b.c wrote:Six months what.?? :?:
Six months of development and about a hojillion bug fixes and new features.
ufotech

Excited!

Post by ufotech »

I downloaded and ran 0.2.9 a few days ago. I was so pleased I stayed up til 3 AM building a ReactOS box.

I actually got Firefox 1.5 installed!

After thinking about bugs, it occured to me that they do not bother me because I know they will be fixed. Win bugs on the otherhand will NEVER be fixed so they are a major irritation.

Other software I have run: Oleclean, analogx DLL cleaner, Tardis 2000 V1.4, Treepad almost runs correctly.

Can hardy wait for version 0.3 ReactOS.
Bill
Coviti

Post by Coviti »

Glad to hear that you like it!
florian

Re: Excited!

Post by florian »

ufotech wrote: actually got Firefox 1.5 installed!

Other software I have run: Oleclean, analogx DLL cleaner, Tardis 2000 V1.4, Treepad almost runs correctly.
There is a Compability Database in Support. Maybe you could add your experiences with your Apps so that other people can easily inform themselves - because in the forum those infos are probably not searched / found.
frik85
Developer

Re: Excited!

Post by frik85 »

florian wrote:
ufotech wrote: actually got Firefox 1.5 installed!

There is a Compability Database in Support. Maybe you could add your experiences with your Apps so that other people can easily inform themselves - because in the forum those infos are probably not searched / found.
http://www.reactos.org/support/