LiveCD Temp Files error

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Quigs

LiveCD Temp Files error

Post by Quigs »

i cant create temp files with the live CD, making almost all installations impossible. Can I change the TEMP directory to another drive or use a ram drive somehow?
Gasmann

Re: LiveCD Temp Files error

Post by Gasmann »

Quigs wrote:i cant create temp files with the live CD, making almost all installations impossible. Can I change the TEMP directory to another drive or use a ram drive somehow?
Well, Ramdisk driver I think isn't implemented in ReactOS yet (at least I never saw one in it). But you can easily change the TEMP directory through cmd with e.g. the command set TEMP=C:\Temp . This would set it to C:\Temp.
Quigs

Post by Quigs »

When I set the temp directory to another drive...it doesnt even give me error messages any more. Nothin appears to happen.
Gasmann

Post by Gasmann »

You can have a view at all variables easily by just entering "set". It then shows up all environment variables. But maybe the installer you try to use just doesn't work in ReactOS yet.
Quigs

Post by Quigs »

thing is it gave me an error when I just used the original temp directory...
after I switched it, it did nothing...
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

it will only work if your other driver is readable/writeable in ReactOS (eg. FAT32).
Quigs

Post by Quigs »

its a fat32 drive...
figured out why it wasnt working for me... If you change it in CMD and then exit, it reverts back to the original data, u have to run everything from that CMD window