Request: designers searched for ReactOS game

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

mcuelenaere

Request: designers searched for ReactOS game

Post by mcuelenaere »

You can read at http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/ReactOS_Game that some persons have started a project for a game for ReactOS. It seems that no one is still actively busy with it, so I thought, let's see if someone is interested making graphics for it.

The game is based on SuperTux, who's easy to modify. Just replace some images and you'll have a whole new game.
Now, SuperTux works with sprites, animations who are separatly saved in pictures, for:
  • 1. a little character
    2. a more big one
    3. one that has a weapon
Each character has it's own sprite's for left-right-down-jump-game over-...

Ex.
[ external image ]

My request is: is anyone willing to make some graphics for the game ? Look at the wiki for more info.

When antivirus pill is obtained, Reacty's electrons should change to a different color and glow brighter, possibly circle faster. This would show some semblance of a "force field". (Mammlouk)
This could be the different ReactOS chars(little one=less electrons, bigger one=more electrons and biggest one=glowing electrons)
Remember, the chars can be animated.

You can download SuperTux at http://supertux.berlios.de/wiki/index.p ... stallation for testing.
michael79

Mascot

Post by michael79 »

I think that, first of all, ReactOs should a mascot like Linux.
I've seen a reacty thing but it is very ugly.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Personally I think the ReactOS icon right now looks fine.
michael79

Post by michael79 »

Z98 wrote:Personally I think the ReactOS icon right now looks fine.
I'm not talking about the ReactOS logo. Linux distros have their
own logos but linux has a mascot, the Tux. ReactOS could also
have a mascott (maybe an animal).
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

a mascott? Why not this:

[ external image ]

:lol:
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

a mascott? Why not this:

[ external image ]

:lol:
a mascott? Why not this: copyright©
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

How about a more unique to ROS look?

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Sorry the second one is so big. Would like to drop a thumbnail in there but am having ftp access problems.
Go Huskers!
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

a mascott? Why not this: copyright©
Didn't you see the ":lol:" ?
That was a joke. I did it myself using a pokemon so I won't deny it is copyrighted. :wink: I was very bored so that's the result....

But an atom with a cartoon face could be a good mascott.
.aart3k

Post by .aart3k »

maybe some contest like the linux ntfs had recenlty... they have official mascott now
crhylove

Post by crhylove »

You could make the mascot a part of the logo. I like the little atomic guy idea, maybe with a scowl type of eyes:

http://www.leperkhanz.com/forum/gallery ... a.jpg.html

rhY

PS Don't ask me to make a real one, I don't know vector. I can play in gimp all day, though.
Coviti

Post by Coviti »

I'm not sure you all quite get the idea here. The idea was to create replacement images for the GPL game "SuperTux", and I have not yet seen one acceptable idea. Here are some screenshots of SuperTux, click to enlarge them.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

The images simply need to replace those found in the game, which can be downloaded at http://supertux.berlios.de.
Pete

Post by Pete »

I think that a ReactOS game should be something that can be played over and over and over, something fun, fast etc. A platfrom game like supertux or anything wont really be played that much.

My opinion is that you choose a game similiar to these...
IcyTower
Ninja - The java game
TuxRacer
Last edited by Pete on Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcuelenaere

Post by mcuelenaere »

Coviti wrote:I'm not sure you all quite get the idea here. The idea was to create replacement images for the GPL game "SuperTux", and I have not yet seen one acceptable idea. Here are some screenshots of SuperTux, click to enlarge them.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

The images simply need to replace those found in the game, which can be downloaded at http://supertux.berlios.de.
The idea wasn't only to create replacement images, it was also to create a story for ReactOS and customized levels, not just some other images.
pratik_mullick

Post by pratik_mullick »

The Tux mascot wont work..... we need something wild, something wierd.... Like Sega had Sonic the Hedgehog or Nintendo had Mario..... Someone whom we can feel at ROS. Tux isnt even present in any of th Linux distros..... So how about :mrgreen: a Kangaroo. We can use its picture is the start menu, instead of the Windows FLAG?!?
Coviti

Post by Coviti »

What the heck, we don't want something totally random. The whole idea is to promote ReactOS, and some random character in some random game is completely useless. The SuperTux idea is the best in my opinion, because it can be modified to use ReactOS related images, and a ReactOS related storyline. Random crap in some random funky game just is not going to cut it.

mcuelenaere,

Yes, I realize that. However, I have seen no progress towards actually achieveing this goal. It would have to be a user-run project, because the devs are far too busy to work on a silly little game. If you want something done, the last place you should turn to is the forum, because nothing that is discussed on the forum ever actually gets off the ground. ;)