Hate to complain but....

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tachikoma_Pilot

Hate to complain but....

Post by Tachikoma_Pilot »

I know lotsa work is being put into ROS and i for one appreciate all the good and hard work u guys do, but is there any plans to do an update or fix the ros explorer, i've had some nasty dissapearing windows, pics that dont go away and flicker problems, plus the way it browses my docs with the multiple window interface is not nice, the way windows does it is better, sorry whomever wrote the shell, but i feel its lacking still a bit

sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry :oops:
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

Hi

ReactOS got allot smaller glitcer there and there.
and they are not so easy to fix. And at moment I take a timeout fixing bugs in ReactOS Gdi subsystem and constrate on ddraw.dll (DirectDraw) for DirectX.
Tachikoma_Pilot

Thanks for replying Ddraw is important that should come in before the gui i think, cause my emulators wont run without it --- i installed ur-quan masters 0.50 -- installation fine -- but when u run i t it requests ddraw and dsound so good on ya :wink:
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

Tachikoma_Pilot wrote:Thanks for replying Ddraw is important that should come in before the gui i think, cause my emulators wont run without it
GDI and shell32 & explorer.exe are more important than DirectX.
Explorer.exe works fine in WinNT, it's "just" win32k and shell32.dll which are the fault for all glitches of the ReactOS GUI.
Tachikoma_Pilot

so how far for win32k and shell32 till it becomes more stable? lotsa coding left?
keytotime

Post by keytotime »

Yes