Usb input device

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Black_Codec

Usb input device

Post by Black_Codec »

in the next release of rectos do u think that it supports usb mouse and keyboard?
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

Hi
we already support usb keyboard and mouse. but we do not support all usb protocoll if I rember right it exists 3-4 diffent protocoll for usb. We only support one of them. for some people it will work and other not.
it depns if u mainboard support the usb protocoll ReactOS usbstack support at moment.
steveh

HID supported?

Post by steveh »

Is the supported USB protocol the HID (human interface device used by most wireless combo keyboards+mice)?

If reactos does not have a native support for some USB device, can the manufacturers windows driver help, or can those not yet be installed/loaded in Reactos?
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

it is not the HID problem in reactos
HID is use top on usb stack

the real problem is our usb stack, and only one usb protocoll are supported. and mainboard can only have one of them. it is the xbox usb
protocoll we got.
h-a-l-9000

Post by h-a-l-9000 »

What he means is the USB chip implementation - uhci, ohci, ehci
cdoublejj

Post by cdoublejj »

sorry to stir up topics, but i have 2 keyboards on my current computer which runs windows xp due to the fact that ine is a cordless usb keyboard and the other is ps2 there for i can run 2 which comes in handy when runing dos games in dosbox. So my question is does that mean i can run 2 keyboards in react?
Jaix
Moderator Team

In the future.

Post by Jaix »

cdoublejj wrote:sorry to stir up topics, but i have 2 keyboards on my current computer which runs windows xp due to the fact that ine is a cordless usb keyboard and the other is ps2 there for i can run 2 which comes in handy when runing dos games in dosbox. So my question is does that mean i can run 2 keyboards in react?
well, that is a thing you have to try for your self, the USB drivers is a bit picky still. In the future however you will hopefully be able to use both keyboards simultaneously in two different log-ins and split the screen in two or use two screens.