Tranlation help needed...

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jaix
Moderator Team

Re: Romanian translator

Post by Jaix »

compaq wrote:can't login. it sais my user has no permission in the section
Just so you are aware, you need to create a user and password on that site too, Code:Blocks is not the same project as ReactOS. We are symbionts with them, so if they succede we have use of that success and vice verse.
compaq

Post by compaq »

well...
I'll re-formulate:
There's no Romanian section in that list and i don't know how to create one. Please instruct
Apal

Tranlation help needed...

Post by Apal »

Tranlation help needed... but no answer for 2 weeks about me to be registered to Translators group.... :? :?
compaq

Post by compaq »

same here.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Clarification needed...

Post by Jaix »

I wonder, is it translation of ReactOS or Code::Blocks that don't answer? If it is Code::Blocks that don't answer we can only bug the project coordinator (which I am willing to do), but if it is ReactOS I as moderator isn't responsible for that, but I will happily mention it to the ones that are, so please clarify what project isn't anwering and i will try to ping the right people.
Apal

Post by Apal »

It's about the Translation of the web site.
compaq

helping is so hard....

Post by compaq »

I never knew how hard is to help a project. in 2 weeks i wasn't able to translate one word because of the lack of information. I will say one more time and then will give up:
I WISH TO HELP TRANSLATING IN ROMANIAN. Jaix, please consider me a stupid monkey an explain the procedure step by step. And while you're on it please bother yourself in testing whether the directions you give are ok. And yea... can you put a rush on that?

Thx
Jaix
Moderator Team

Translation information

Post by Jaix »

I would like to get the smoke out of my face so I will give some information about translations.

First, I don't handle translations, I am not a translator and don't know so much about it. I am a forum moderator for some of the english forums even if my native language is swedish I'm not moderator for that forum.

Secondly, much important information is located in the wiki, actually most info are. If you want to know anything about reactos start there, for translations start here:
http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/Translations

Thirdly, for years Aleskey Bragin has been the translations coordinator, but now he is the Project Coordinator and the Translations coordinator is to be voted for. I know that translator rights and RosCMS info is handled much by Klemens Friedl (Frik85) he is the writer of the whole thing, he has loads to do but he deals with things as fast he can, another one who I have noticed works for helping translators is Magnus Olsen (GreatLord) he is a developer and deals with many important stuff in the ReactOS project, you can try to PM those two guys for help in case you get stuck.

Forthly, if this doesn't help I suggest you get yourself an IRC client and take your questions to the ROS-Chat here you can talk to most of the key persons in ReactOS live, for info on how to do look here:
http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/ReactOS_Chat

More info can also be found if you take yourself time to search the forums for earlier questions about translations.

At last I would like to wish you good luck with your efforts in translating!
compaq

naah!

Post by compaq »

Sorry jaix... no time for any of the points you wrote. The original procedure(the one with the link at codeblocks) was acceptable. But there is no romanian section for translation... that's a shame.. really. I won't browse any wikipedia, nor will i install any irc client. I was watching this project grow for the last 3 years(although i had it installed only once). I think it's not mature to be translated yet. I promise you, the second reactos will be useable, the translation procedures will work without any problema. So i'll wait.

Thx for your good will anyway. peace out.
Max_ita

Post by Max_ita »

Translation status: Italian 97%
Keep good work italians! :wink:

I'm happy to contribute, also if in part, to the translation.
Ged
Developer

Re: naah!

Post by Ged »

compaq wrote:I won't browse any wikipedia, nor will i install any irc client.
It's probably better if someone so lazy and awkard doesn't contribute anyway.

Translation info is located in the wiki. It will always be that way, that's what wiki's are for.

http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/T ... troduction
compaq

hmmm

Post by compaq »

I'm surprised you have the guts to put the problem that way. Thing is:
1. Reactos started asking for money before even having a 10% working product... that is not cool at all. Won't debate that because i did not give any money anyway. Yet. Will gladly do it after I see some perspective, since money don't come easy to me.
2. Have you any Ideea how much money/hour a professional translator costs? Almost like a programmer. So excuse me if i wont BROWSE any wikipedia. I will gladly read a text but not spend my time searching for clues on how to offer my help. Call it laziness if you want but before asking for help in translation peeps here should have asked for help in preparing the platform for translators. Anyways, how comes is so easy for other dosen of other languages to go on codeblocks and start working and for romanian I'm supposed to browse, and instal irc?
3. As i said, i will help when my expertise will be exploited at maximum. Browsing wikis and chatting are not my strong points. In fact i hate doing that hence my position. Thanx anyway for your link, i will read it and try to follow, but if that is the way - it should be placed in the begining of the topic ... so that people will know how to proceed without chatting and browsing too much.

peace out.
G_man

Post by G_man »

I am ready

I am already registered
"I made it in order to translate some linux applications"

my translations will be from English to Arabic

regards
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

You're going to have to show us what you've done on the wiki before we grant you translator access.
svin83

Norwegian

Post by svin83 »

I'm translating it to Norwegian...

It's coming along pretty slow, but but that's because I'm currently the only one doing it, and I'm only doing it when I'm idle, or can't sleep.. :roll: