Name chosen is ReactX, now looking for logo designs

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

forart

Post by forart »

preston wrote:and what about this http://haxor.czweb.org/reactx.png ? I'm not a designer it's just an idea how the "X" and icon could look like. maybe more old, rusty, flaked off...
Not bad, but try a better X (the nuclear-radiation-like one could be great) and add the React prefix (i think you can be inspirated by other's disign like the DJ50's one)

HaPpY DrAwInG !
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
divStar

Post by divStar »

I read through this page and since I like to design stuff and happened to have some free time, I just thought of making some logo.

I tried to stay as simple as possible, yet making it recognizable and remarkable in a way people could identify what this logo stands for.

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=reactxku4.png

I hope you find it useful/interesting. Of course I still have the original Photoshop file, so I might be able to change some things.
Why I use PNG? Because it has a per-pixel-transparency possibility. The best background however is obviously #000000 (black), since the ring and the letter are both white.

I hope I could help a little.
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

hi divstar, thanks for taking a interest in ReactOS!,your logo is different from the rest but i can see where your going with it,its quite good.
divStar

Post by divStar »

^^; Thanks for the reply. I am willing to modify it if suggested. Originally I wanted to do something similar to the "ReactOS" logo in order for it to resemble something of the original Logo.

Maybe the reactOS-Logo along with an X instead of the sphere in it might be a good solution for a logo. However I am not even up-to-date if a logo is still being searched for.

Further I have to confess to not really know much about ReactOS/-X, but I think I am going to give it a try soon :)

with best regards,
divStar.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Actually, fresh ideas are more than welcome in terms of graphical designs. Sometimes a new idea, one not rooted in the old models, is just what's needed. So go your own way and see what happens.
Jawmht

Post by Jawmht »

Speedator

Post by Speedator »

divStar & divStar: nice, nice

Btw: wouldn't it be better to have a vector-based logo? You probably can adjust it on vector-design.
preston
Developer

Post by preston »

ok I give up... I'm even less talented than I expected :)

http://haxor.czweb.org/reactx_full.png
ROSFan

Post by ROSFan »

Last edited by ROSFan on Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Switchboy

Post by Switchboy »

Well i'am just thinking of a real cool demo to show of ReactX. Let the nuclear warning sing turn around the atom in oposite direction. :wink:
preston
Developer

Post by preston »

[ external image ]

just be careful with the colors and shapes we don't want to copy from MS...
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

I think your ideas are nice, but the R should dominate the X in the image. People are really pushing for React to be included in the logo, but its not really necessary. Even the R could be dropped. Take that rotating pair of electrons from divStar and put it with the nuke logo and you might have something. Remember, folks, its a logo not a title.
Go Huskers!
superppl

Post by superppl »

We could be like DirectR.
Anyhow, I think the X's things or what look like pineapple slices should be a bit thinner.
And it looks great.
forart

Post by forart »

preston wrote:[ external image ]

just be careful with the colors and shapes we don't want to copy from MS...
...the reason 'cause i suggested the biohazard logo for the inspiration...
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
divStar

Post by divStar »

well .. I must confess I like the other ideas as well.

Concearning the remark "Remember, folks, its a logo not a title" I'd say: the logo has to be scaleable in a way, so that you have a "complex" version, then a really easy one you could use as a header in a letter and then one that is even good enough has a 32x32x8bit icon.

Basically my idea of the logo was the "complex" one. I agree that having a vector is much better since you don't have real dimensions then. I gotta look into it if/when I have more freetime again.

Another idea might be to really get away from the big X and have ReactX written like .. in one line and having some electrons or something "rotating" under it.