Name chosen is ReactX, now looking for logo designs

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

I see allot idea still comes in, and sometime after 0.3.2 been branched then I will collect all logos. see how we shall prodsess, Z98 will helping with the this task as well.

rember the logo must be in vector graphice.
format like ia, SVG or other vector format
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

Well, for the record, my logo is in vector :). It looks like creambase's are pure photoshop raster stuff though.
It compiles, let's ship it!
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

That means if we choose one of his, it's your job as the graphics coordinator to convert them. :wink:
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

Z98 wrote:That means if we choose one of his, it's your job as the graphics coordinator to convert them. :wink:
Big fucking chance, the only reason I converted the original reactos logo was that it had already been made official and had been in use for years.
ROSFan

Post by ROSFan »

I can convert it to svg, but I'm too busy at the moment. I study computer science and I have to learn for examinations now.
creambase

Post by creambase »

ROSFan wrote:I can convert it to svg, but I'm too busy at the moment. I study computer science and I have to learn for examinations now.
hehe :)) not only you ROSFan, but good luck in exams :) i have just one and i finish my examinations :).
btw for logo's :) ye it's must to be convert it. RGB or CMYK Colour gamma ?
and i have to work on logo's in near future. :) after examinations.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Bump!

Any news about ReactX development? I can't see what you do since the diff mailing list archive is non functional... :wink:
preston
Developer

Post by preston »

cmoibenlepro wrote:Bump!

Any news about ReactX development? I can't see what you do since the diff mailing list archive is non functional... :wink:
chek out CIA...
http://cia.vc/stats/author/mbosma
http://cia.vc/stats/author/greatlrd
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

It is not a secret, and you`ll probably find more information in next newsletter, but yesterday GreatLord publicly (#reactos) announced that DDraw is working/stable.

Still some testcases and bugfixes left to do, also some documenting, but the next step is going to be, probably, ReactX HAL.
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

I did say it is stable it does not crash. any longer
and we can use 5 of 31 of DDraw COM interface api now in reactos and windows in reactos and 8 of 31 are under devloping / testing at moment
it is around 1-2 api each day at moment But do not expect I keep this speed, Next week I need todo pay works only so I get my month sallry.

But rember this is only one of COM interface that exists in DDraw it contain less 2-3 more com interface example surface, pallate, videport, momcom and some other as well. Then we need software implement of some api when no hardware exists.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

very interesting! :D You are great.
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

GreatLord wrote:I did say it is stable it does not crash. any longer
and we can use 5 of 31 of DDraw COM interface api now in reactos and windows in reactos and 8 of 31 are under devloping / testing at moment
it is around 1-2 api each day at moment But do not expect I keep this speed, Next week I need todo pay works only so I get my month sallry.

But rember this is only one of COM interface that exists in DDraw it contain less 2-3 more com interface example surface, pallate, videport, momcom and some other as well. Then we need software implement of some api when no hardware exists.
So what is the driver status with this and for pure hardware support?
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

our ddraw only known one thing hardware support, it can not run in software mode, that mean a real driver are need that support DirectX

Here
vmware workstaion 5.x have DirectX support
if you install the vmware drv you getting DirectX support in ReactOS
ReactX support then.

Now to good news
The devloping have reach next milestone in ddraw.dll devloping
it have come so far we need now stable CreateSurface but it is tested
in windows and works. Now I need run vmware workstaions tesing
our ddraw.dll if everthings goes well we got partly DirectDraw support
in reactos and working with our own lazy directdraw demo.

That mean it is matter of time before we can run frist simple directdraw 2d game in reactos on directdraw HAL
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

I'm posting this because GreatLord asked me to--

Everyone, please post your VECTOR logos in this thread, if you have already posted them earlier on, please repost them. A thumbnail link would be appreciated.

Acceptable formats: Adobe Illustrator, FreeHand, EPS, PDF, SVG (preferred)

The logo must be truly scalable, so not only look good rendered at 250x250px.

Once the majority of logos is reposted in vector format, a list will be compiled as candidates and a poll opened for you (the community) to vote on. From the top-n (top3 or top5 or something) ReactOS developers will then choose the winning submission.

Gentlemen, start your engines :lol:
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Umm, I'm gonna have to add an addendum to mf's instructions. Everyone who's sent in an entry, go to this thread: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31943 to post your vector images. And if we don't get a vector image and can't get one out of you when we ask directly, then your design will be disqualified.