Build server is not working

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

aicommander
Developer

Build server is not working

Post by aicommander »

I have recently noticed that the SVN build server has not been building. The latest build on the server is r27813 but the latest build (at the time of the posting) according to CIA.vc should be 27889. The server is 76 builds behind. Does anyone know why?
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

Is it possible that they could have failed/not booted? Go check the buildbot waterfall chart. Edit: WHOA! http://www.reactos.org:8010/ shows build bot ain't abuildin'! Guess the buildslaves are taking a nap :wink: .
More ReactOS, please!
aicommander
Developer

Post by aicommander »

We need to get it going ASAP. I get all my nightly builds pre-compiled from there because compiling takes a long time on my computer.

Edit: Hmm. This is the change from 27813 to 27814 : Disable the "E-Mail address" and "Real Name" boxes on the Wiki Preferences page. Doesn't look like something that could mess up the building process to me. Is there any way to fix it remotely?
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Unfortunately, Fireball's on vacation and the build master is his area of responsibility. The data center where it's hosted went down for a bit, which also took down the website. The site and SVN are back up, but until Fireball gets back, we won't know why the build master is failing to start.
aicommander
Developer

Post by aicommander »

It seems to have started working again. r27937 has compiled but oddly only the release version compiled.
preston
Developer

Post by preston »

aicommander wrote:It seems to have started working again. r27937 has compiled but oddly only the release version compiled.
this version was created manually, buildmaster is still down
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

Build Master is a pain to set up and run, know from experience... If only someone could run BuildBot -start %basedir% . That might get it up, if my server is anything like his :). Is the buildfarm not set up, either?
More ReactOS, please!
aicommander
Developer

Post by aicommander »

Why are the cd images disappearing at http://svn.reactos.org/iso? Is it related to the buildbot issue?

EDIT: I think that when a commit is made the build server deletes an iso and compiles another but the buildbot is not working so it does not get built. Soon all the iso images will be gone unless we can build and upload faster than the devs can commit. :wink:
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

I guess that someone finally turned the key and BuildBot turned over. It is back up.
More ReactOS, please!
Colin Finck
Developer

Post by Colin Finck »

Indeed, Aleksey was online yesterday and could restart the Buildmaster, so our BuildBot is working again.

The disappearing ISOs at http://svn.reactos.org/iso are probably related to a script, which runs on that server.
It deletes old ISOs from time to time, but at the moment, it does not check if newer ISOs are there.

This probably gets fixed when Aleksey is back from vacations.

Best regards,

Colin Finck
aicommander
Developer

Post by aicommander »

Buildbot is down again about 13 builds behind and I can't open the buildbot status page.

P.S: Why is there not much action lately. eg. not many dev-digests, bug-digests, commits

edit: Why did only 4.7 megabytes of build 28168 upload?
Colin Finck
Developer

Post by Colin Finck »

When BuildBot is down, it's always the best to go to the #reactos IRC channel and inform Fireball about this problem.
He can restart the Buildmaster then.

When there is only a small corrupted 7Z file on the server, it's probably caused by a lost connection during the upload process.

Best regards,

Colin Finck
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

As for lack of activity, I assume you mean the mailing lists. The dev mailing list is often times quiet with short bursts of activity. However, that mailing list is no longer the primary way of discussion between developers. Hasn't been for a while.

As for the others, the ROS-svn mailing list has been dead for quite some time, since it's somewhat redundant with the ROS-diff mailing list. That one is fully active and I can see the latest commits in the archive. ROS-bugs mailing list also seems to be active.