Still way too buggy

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

artguy10

Still way too buggy

Post by artguy10 »

Just played around with the VMware Fusion virtualization on Mac OS X for React OS.

It is FAR from usable. It loads fast, but I'm sure you're aware of all the problems already... It was hard to get a connection to the internet, I could only get the basic web browser downloaded because it would crash while downloading the other one. Installing the VMware tools crashed ReactOS mid-install. No network connections working. Impossible to use shared folders with the mac, so I can't even test out the CrystalClearXP pack to see if I can make it look a little nicer. Menus would block screen sometimes. Random system crashes, etc. Keep working on it... if it can become twice as stable as Windows (meaning you can use it for at least an hour without a crash), I think it has a chance.
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

Yes, it is not super stable, but when it wants to, it has let me run Ros 0.3.3 RC for 4 days straight now... when it wants to. Eventually, it will all fall in, it's the light at the end of the tunnel, but ROS is the quick train that carries us onwards toward end :wink: .
More ReactOS, please!
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Nice Metaphor :-)
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
TiKu

Re: Still way too buggy

Post by TiKu »

artguy10 wrote:if it can become twice as stable as Windows (meaning you can use it for at least an hour without a crash), I think it has a chance.
What was the last version of Windows you have used?
All those silly unobjective arguments in the operating system debate are annoying.
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

Hi
I am not really happy with 0.3.3rc1 either
(I think I will never be happy)

But the good thing is, we got follow thing
allot stable against early release of ReactOS
I only see 1-2 bsod in reactos it is when I hunting bugs in
win32k.sys, some of thuse bsod are fixed in 0.3.3rc1 branch
and allot of other bugs like graphic drawing glich when you
scrolling. and allot other nice thing.
next release will feel even better that 0.3.3rc1
I hope most smaller regress are gone in 0.3.3 when it being release.
artguy10

Re: Still way too buggy

Post by artguy10 »

TiKu wrote:
artguy10 wrote:if it can become twice as stable as Windows (meaning you can use it for at least an hour without a crash), I think it has a chance.
What was the last version of Windows you have used?
All those silly unobjective arguments in the operating system debate are annoying.
I was just making a joke against Windows. :wink: Actually, I use Win XP which is fairly stable. But when I had Win ME, that was horrible.

I'm glad this project is moving forward! :D
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

Ahh... The old WinME debate... Used to use that, too... GreatLord: Ros only crashes when Vista decides it would like to pretend that the battery is dead, even if the power cord is in :wink: .
More ReactOS, please!
artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

Reacter wrote:Ahh... The old WinME debate... Used to use that, too...
I like your signature, Reacter. :lol: