Title Bar design

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

merged
Last edited by artguy10 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

This one is awesome! can you try make a green one or black one? and can the start button be changed to just the atom? i mean:

[ external image ]
I didnt do a good job with just the atom! i just did it really fast!
artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

A green or black what?

And I don't know about having the start button only being the atom. Reasons: it would either have to be small and less notacible, or cover the start menu with its orbit strands. (It would either get in the way or not be recognized as a button.) And it is be very difficult to only make the atom get brighter upon clicking (although I suppose I could convert it to raster and then modify the histogram), whereas it would be easy if I make an entire circle bright.
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

kevintrooper wrote:This one is awesome! can you try make a green one or black one? and can the start button be changed to just the atom? i mean:

[ external image ]
I didnt do a good job with just the atom! i just did it really fast!
with black and green i ment: black taskbar,... and a green one! ah lets forget about green!u should work on blue
artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

I already made a green (or at least olive) and blue taskbars. I could do black, but I still don't know if I want the atom itself to be a button.

So are you looking for something like this?
[ external image ]
:wink:
Last edited by artguy10 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

merged
Last edited by artguy10 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

I love the icons:)
artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

Haos wrote:I love the icons:)
That's because they are from Crystal Clear. And that is why I want ReactOS to incorporate the Crystal Clear icons. I think they are under of the free licenses (I think LGPL), so there should be no problem.
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

artguy10 wrote:So are you looking for something like this?
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6571 ... newlp0.png
:wink:

omg! i wish ros looked like that
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

I like the looks, but can the tool bar please be placed bellow the menu bar. The idea of the tool bar is items that are used more often, so they should be closer to the working area than the menu bar.
.aart3k

Post by .aart3k »

window interface parts are too big imao, would disturb work.
taskbar: yummy :)
artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

Phalanx: I agree about the toolbar location.
.aart3k: What do you mean by "window interface parts"?

[ external image ]
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

@artguy

i think the red backdrop compliments the olive very well and keeps it from going into overdosing on green. opacity of the taskbar looks fine at 100% or translucent.

i think they are all good--i would keep them all. they just look good. i would make the three of them official themes. with more downloadable.

the only changes i would make would be to make the "places" buttons and the _ [] and X buttons be squared rather than rounded.
pax mei amici amorque et Iesus sacret omnia
JackDaniel

Post by JackDaniel »

New here, got really inspired when I looked at all designs here so I made one myself. If it hade to look a bit like windows I want some minimalism ;) I know there are important parts missing and some misstakes. Didn't find a good logo to use so I made it white, it's just a draft however...

[ external image ]
artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

That's very nice, Jack! You can get the svg logo on the Wikipedia article for ReactOS. I see that you took the Mac approach of centering the text at the top of the window and having a simple speaker icon, instead of a picture (which is nice, actually). The spaces next to the start menu don't offer an idea of what is open in that desktop, and I think that's important. I like it even though it lacks glass; should I try and remove the glass and make another attempt?

Here's another version. I made the Other Places buttons a little smaller and changed the X [] and _ buttons. I also made the taskbar slightly transparent. Any other or more specific changes, or maybe should I incorporate any ideas from Jack's desktop?

[ external image ]

Can the forum let people upload attachments to their posts? That way I would be able to post the SVG code for my mock-up.