ReactOS Slogan

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Do you think a slogan makes sense?

YES, I really think we should have a good slogan
68%
I don't know if a slogan makes sense
19%
NO, I think a slogan doesn't make sense at all
13%

Total votes: 91

swight

Re: ReactOS Slogan

Post by swight »

Some slogans to emphasize the stand on not being a distro or not including anything that isn't a basic requirement of the OS.

"Where the bloat is no more and the price is always free"
"Our speed shall be unhampered by the unnecessary"
"No corps,No extras,just what is needed"
"We are the core,extras not included"
Pesho

Post by Pesho »

Hey, i thought of one - Freedom without compromise.
kevintrooper

Re:

Post by kevintrooper »

Mammlouk wrote:How about something along these lines... "For every OS there is an equal and opposite ReactOS"
awesome, lol :D
koobelur

Post by koobelur »

Here is my try:
ReactOS, NoBS
ReactOS, No BS

:lol: :roll: Hmm, I'll think on this one longer.
GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

koobelur wrote:Here is my try:
ReactOS, NoBS
ReactOS, No BS

:lol: :roll: Hmm, I'll think on this one longer.
Man, I love ReactOS NoBS.

Especially the chocolate ones.
simonsphotos

Re: ReactoOS slogan

Post by simonsphotos »

Jaix wrote:Well, I think it should be something like this:
  • ReactOS promise Open Windows, Open gates and No bills! - Join the open source movement!

I second that to put it more breifly "fuck bill gates" or FBG for short
silverblade
Developer

Post by silverblade »

I don't think it would be particularly tasteful to have an offensive slogan, especially one targeted at an individual person (not to mention one which will be unaffected by ReactOS now anyway...)
Andrew / Silver Blade

[ external image ]
simonsphotos

Post by simonsphotos »

silverblade wrote:I don't think it would be particularly tasteful to have an offensive slogan, especially one targeted at an individual person (not to mention one which will be unaffected by ReactOS now anyway...)
I know I was just outputting my frustration at the need for yet another reinstalation of windows..... because i installed a program that messed with my computer and should never be installed called.... microsoft windows
Makaan

Post by Makaan »

Windows can be a decent system, as long as you know what you are doing and only open ports you really need + a decent firewall (if possible another than windows firewall since thats the first one which security issues will be exploited ^^)
And only use your Admin account if you really need it (installing programs for example. Even this doesnt always need admin)
My windows runs perfectly for like one and a half year now. I started to use brains after i finnally got fed up with reformatting and reinstalling windows every 3 months.
SpoonmAn

Post by SpoonmAn »

WORD @ Makaan

@ simonsphotos
i had a windows install running perfectly for more than three years untill my harddrive crashed. i eaven was able to restore this install after changing the mainboard for a processor upgrade. actually the system was completely changed (ok i still had a via chipset, but also a newer one) except of the harddrive. if you often fiddle arround with different software for testing, maybe you should consider seting up a vm with another windows install as a test system and if it works there u can install it on real system. also most crashed systems can be restored in one or the other way with built in windows tools like recovery console and restore points, u just need to know how to use them.
simonsphotos

Post by simonsphotos »

I install it and its fine until.... what for it..... the updates come ! now i know i must have the updates because security is crap as it stands but they immediately cause startup times to be longer, i don't test that many programs as i know what i need and i endeavour to keep all uneeded things disabled but still its not enough, i look forward to the day ReactOS is a viable system because as much as i like the windows environment its just so rubbish, apparantly windows gathers lots of info in the background and i can well beleive it as I've had external hard drives and empty drives on my computer have say 1 GB of untraceble files stored on them after some use I am sure ReactOS will not carry that baggage thers a good slogan for you

A windows(R) envirronment without the bill gates bagage
SpoonmAn

Post by SpoonmAn »

i assume this 1 gig of "untaceable" files is either the mft or is "System volume information" folder where deleted files get stored for a while to be able to restore them in case of emergency. u can explore this folder if you know how...
also you should update your install cd to sp3 by slipstreaming (i assume you use xp) and first of all do all windows updates and then start installing your needed programs. you will recognize that the slow down in startup procedure is marginal after the updates compared to the clean install. try to avoid using resource hoggs like norton or McAffee. i suggest a combination of a lightwight firewall like sygate or netlimiter and a free antivirus like avg free. also u should try to disable auto update fatures of 3rd party software because many of these run a permanent process wich eat cpu time for nothing.
also remember msconfig is your friend!
simonsphotos

Post by simonsphotos »

I do all of what you suggested I did once reinstall and then get all the updates in as soon as i had all the updates the system sloweed down at start up, i use msconfig.exe and remove all i can i won't let any system tray crap run thats not needed I am afraid its just a case that microsoft are not that good at doing things
Jesper79

Post by Jesper79 »

Just brainstorming in the middle of the night.

React for freedom, React for choice.
React is choice, React is freedom.
React by choice, React for freedom.
Freedom to React.
Open, Free, Compatible. React now.
the humane choice, React for all.
Democracy by choice. React for the people.
Your life. your choice . ReactOS
Keeping the future at your hands. ReactOS
silverblade
Developer

Post by silverblade »

simonsphotos wrote:A windows(R) envirronment without the bill gates bagage
Here we go with the targeted-at-Bill-Gates comments again... Bill Gates is not Microsoft.
Andrew / Silver Blade

[ external image ]