Live CD cannot access hard drives

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

avantman42

Live CD cannot access hard drives

Post by avantman42 »

I have just downloaded & burned the Live CD v0.2.5 It booted happily enough, but it would not allow me to browse either of the hard drives.

Primary master (C) is 4.3GB NTFS
Primary slave (D) is 80GB FAT32
Secondary slave (E) is the CD drive

All are IDE

I could browse the CD happily, but neither of the hard drives. I tried disconnecting the NTFS drive, since a search of this forum revealed that ReactOS doesn't support NTFS. Explorer still showed both C and D drives (even though C was disconnected), but still wouldn't allow me to browse either of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Russ
Gasmann

Re: Live CD cannot access hard drives

Post by Gasmann »

avantman42 wrote:I have just downloaded & burned the Live CD v0.2.5 It booted happily enough, but it would not allow me to browse either of the hard drives.

Primary master (C) is 4.3GB NTFS
Primary slave (D) is 80GB FAT32
Secondary slave (E) is the CD drive

All are IDE

I could browse the CD happily, but neither of the hard drives. I tried disconnecting the NTFS drive, since a search of this forum revealed that ReactOS doesn't support NTFS. Explorer still showed both C and D drives (even though C was disconnected), but still wouldn't allow me to browse either of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Russ
NTFS isn't supported by ReactOS yet, however it gets recognized and a drive letter (it's simply looking like a fresh-formatted empty drive :) ). However, this can't be the reason why you can't access your 2nd hdd...

You could try it with a more current build, download here.

btw. D: gets C: if C: isn't available :wink:
Sarocet

Post by Sarocet »

I think the problem may be working with big drives. I don't have saw it anywhere, it's only a supposition by my experience on it but i think that there is/was a problem on the driver to load this. If you make some partitions from it, i think you may be able to acces :?
avantman42

Re: Live CD cannot access hard drives

Post by avantman42 »

gasmann wrote:NTFS isn't supported by ReactOS yet, however it gets recognized and a drive letter (it's simply looking like a fresh-formatted empty drive :) ). However, this can't be the reason why you can't access your 2nd hdd...
That's what I thought
gasmann wrote:You could try it with a more current build, download here.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Sarocet wrote:I think the problem may be working with big drives. I don't have saw it anywhere, it's only a supposition by my experience on it but i think that there is/was a problem on the driver to load this. If you make some partitions from it, i think you may be able to acces
I hope that's not the problem. It's not really practical for me to partition the drive any more than it already is (there's also a Linux swap partition on it, but I don't expect ReactOS to read that! :wink: )

Thanks to you both for your help,

Russ