problem on install

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

cjulio

problem on install

Post by cjulio »

im am trying to install ReactOS in a old machin with ReactOS as a single OS is this possible if yes wi do i get the foloing message:

invalid partition table magic 0xff84 found on drive 0x9f

i have tried making a partition with win98
i have tried with no partition
i have tried formating with win98

what am i doing rong
Meklort

Re: problem on install

Post by Meklort »

cjulio wrote:im am trying to install ReactOS in a old machin with ReactOS as a single OS is this possible if yes wi do i get the foloing message:

invalid partition table magic 0xff84 found on drive 0x9f

i have tried making a partition with win98
i have tried with no partition
i have tried formating with win98

what am i doing rong
Can you tell us when you get the error message (during instal cd's boot / during reading of the partition table / during writing the partition table / installing / ect.)
One thing might be if you have another partition (not sure why it would matter) that Reactos cant identify, or is not formatted correctly.
cjulio

Post by cjulio »

the error gives when i boot from the cdrom it is the second line that apears after deteting hardware
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

cjulio wrote:the error gives when i boot from the cdrom it is the second line that apears after deteting hardware
As far as i can tell, it seams to be somthing with some kind of strage device, could you posibly try a different harddrove / cd drive?
cjulio

Post by cjulio »

i have tried in another computer and it works but now my mouse goues crazy i cant wotk with the OS
cjulio

Post by cjulio »

now i have changed the mouse from ps2 to serial an it is ok but now my problem is when i go to the screen properties and to advanced it does not work and the window blocks
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

cjulio wrote:now i have changed the mouse from ps2 to serial an it is ok but now my problem is when i go to the screen properties and to advanced it does not work and the window blocks
unimplemented feature :wink:
Drs

Post by Drs »

Hi,

Can you give us more details about the machine that gave you that FreeLdr error? What kind of motherboard and chipset etc. It could also be a problem with the CHS reading code in Freeldr. LBA usually has no problem but CHS can be tricky for old machines.

Thanks.
--
Devin