programs asociated with React 1.0

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cyborg

Post by cyborg »

good choice with tugzip, its the best

bad choice with jabber, miranda would be better (opensource, native support of many protocols, even Windows messaging protocol (very cool support), jabber protocol if you want to also available, but not bound to jabbers cross-protocol-limitations)

edit: btw. i like the idea of "Rose". ladies are always better in keeping things clean, so does rose keep my files clean and helps me search, copy and execute them :D
Gedi

Re: Recommended Software

Post by Gedi »

Dr. Fred wrote:
Gedi wrote:Note that the ibrowser default page will only contain free, open source software.
That's wrong here is lot's of non free stuff.
eh ??
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

Opera
Quake ( :?: :?: )
WinAmp
QuickTime
XChat
Trillan

and more
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

pol wrote:There`s only one thing that stopping me in installin ROS- i don`t know which apps will be in 1.0 version (or will be in official distro). Can the LEADER of the React process tell me the list of those apps?
I am not a leader, but, as far as i know, very few things will be installed by default. You will pick and chose wich packages that you wnat using the package manager
Gedi

Post by Gedi »

Dr. Fred wrote:Opera
Quake....
Ahh, here = there.
I didn't understand what you meant. :wink:

The page a I posted is just a preview I put online ages ago. After that was done, it was decided to use only free software. I have a more recent one locally.

It will be correct when it is commited.
rowa

Post by rowa »

Don't forget cygwin. I need a good shell.
Robert
http://qemu-buch.de/
Book "qemu-kvm & libvirt"
dark

Post by dark »

no, no, no, go to a vendor to get that stuff, continue putting no programs at all in reactos to keep it small, if you don't you're abondoning people on dialup modems. Keep things that clone windows things like calculator and paint in a seperate package.
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

dark wrote:no, no, no, go to a vendor to get that stuff, continue putting no programs at all in reactos to keep it small, if you don't you're abondoning people on dialup modems. Keep things that clone windows things like calculator and paint in a seperate package.
The only think I want included is the default stuff (dhcp client, controlpanel ect) and the ros pachage manager. With that, then you can let the users get what they want, and only what they want (unlike windows). Also if you want to, you can do it just like gentoo, and offer a minimal cd, and a cd with packages on it (but not installe dby default, only if set to)
user222

Post by user222 »

WinAmp
QuickTime
XChat
Trillan

and more
here's the real homepage of XChat:
http://www.xchat.org
XChat is open source.
ScoTTie

Post by ScoTTie »

user222 wrote:
WinAmp
QuickTime
XChat
Trillan

and more
here's the real homepage of XChat:
http://www.xchat.org
XChat is open source.
The windows version isnt (atleast the 'official' one), its now shareware. You can get a free version from http://silverex.info/news/ though.
user222

Post by user222 »

ScoTTie wrote:The windows version isnt (atleast the 'official' one), its now shareware. You can get a free version from http://silverex.info/news/ though.
Is it possible to compile the Linux version of the X-Chat source code on Cygwin or MinGW?
Last edited by user222 on Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
forart

Post by forart »

This is an old discussion, anyway here are some interesting links:

TheOpenCD
OpenSourceList.org
OSSwin
Winlibre
GNUWin

Anyone interested in building a distro ?
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

patchworks wrote:Anyone interested in building a distro ?
Sure, all you have to do is say, update the hive before you create the bott / install cd, and add som other files that is nneds to install on the cd
oiaohm

Hmm lets go the other way.

Post by oiaohm »

Lets see if we can get reactos number one compad with all the apps on one of those cd and then shiped on it.

My personal request is unttended support from sf.net. So that we can batch our own disk for where we are working.

Ie DVD-r with openoffice, Microsoft Office? acrobat reader, flash so on and so on.

Note this is not a for sale disk just makes admin lifes simpler.
rowa

Keep the ReactOS-install-CD small

Post by rowa »

Maybe it is a good idea to support some Windows-like applications with ReactOS 1.0:

Write --> Abiword (OpenOffice is to big)
Paint --> gimp

But I think the best idea is to keep the install CD small and give the user the possibility to install these application via internet or other CDs. But the open source applications for Windows/ReactOS are not subject of the ReactOS team. And every user needs other applications.

Maybe in the menu Start | Program | tools you can find the packets manager to install these programms.

But I think a ReactOS live-CD is very different to this install CD. A (version of a) live-CD should be full of applications. But not a install-CD.
Robert
http://qemu-buch.de/
Book "qemu-kvm & libvirt"