Mono Support

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

coldReactive

Mono Support

Post by coldReactive »

I just read Newsletter 58, and I'm amazed that you guys found out where the Mono bug was and fixed it so people can use Mono. Would it be wise to put such info on the Wikipedia article of ReactOS? If so, what revision did the bugfix take place?
vicmarcal
Test Team

Re: Mono Support

Post by vicmarcal »

It took place in one of the Memory Managers fix made by BugBoy , he wasnt trying to fix the App just some Memory issues.And plof..it installs.
However it hasnt been tested too much, so if anyone want to test Mono in ROS we will be really pleased.
Sof_T

Post by Sof_T »

Does this mean that mono will run now? I managed to install it in the last release but it doesn't run.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Yes. I tested personally. Mono gets installed. And seems to run. But it isnt confirmed it works.
You have to test in the most recent revision.
:)
Julcar

Post by Julcar »

I have the perfect software for test the Mono Support, it is Paint.Net, an image editor like Gimp open source that only works in windows.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Can you test it? ;)
Sof_T

Post by Sof_T »

I'll try the latest revision today and see what happens then.
Smiley
Developer

Post by Smiley »

Julcar wrote:I have the perfect software for test the Mono Support, it is Paint.Net, an image editor like Gimp open source that only works in windows.
err, Paint.Net is the most complicated application that you can find :D

Don't forget that mono just started to work so you should test only simple applications. To test it I compiled with mono in windows a program that shows a line in the command prompt and this program worked peerfectly in Reactos. Soon more complex program will run
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

BTW the first guy who discover Mono was running was Smiley ;)..i just retested it to confirm :)
Ey3

Post by Ey3 »

Anyone has tried it seriously? Does it work? :roll:
Sof_T

Post by Sof_T »

I played around this weekend. It installs without a hitch, but I couldn't get any of the samples to run without. I haven't got the system running at the moment, but most samples seemed to stop complaining they couldn't access sytem date and time.
Smiley
Developer

Post by Smiley »

Sof_T wrote:I played around this weekend. It installs without a hitch, but I couldn't get any of the samples to run without. I haven't got the system running at the moment, but most samples seemed to stop complaining they couldn't access sytem date and time.
How did you find that it is related to sytem date and time? is there a way to find which api call in Reactos doen't work right?
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Dprints here and there...
Sof_T

Post by Sof_T »

How did you find that it is related to sytem date and time? is there a way to find which api call in Reactos doen't work right?
Starting the applications via the command line displays the internal error messages from mono. I didn't have access to vbox when posting so I could show a screenshot
brokndodge

Post by brokndodge »

i installed an old copy of mono: 1.2.6 i think. anyway, the only thing i wanted it for is to run Burn-At-Once. http://www.burnatonce.net/downloads/ burn-at-once installs and runs on mono. i don't have networking up on my ros box since there isn't wireless networking support (the realtek drivers installed and the card seems to work, but can't find any tools to setup the actual network connection). so i don't have an iso image to burn from that box. if anyone wanted to actually test bao on ros i would be happy to hear the results.

edit: this is on the 0.3.9 release