*** Swedish ROS:ers look here! Svenskar Se HIT ***

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jaix
Moderator Team

*** Swedish ROS:ers look here! Svenskar Se HIT ***

Post by Jaix »

Alexey Bragin kommer till Sverige i mitten av augusti, vi undrar om det finns intresse för en "ReactOS Sverige konferens", i så fall behöver vi agera jättesnabbt, det är ju bara en två veckor tills dess, om vi ska kunna ordna med allt som behövs för en sån samling.

Kan du i så fall svara mig omgående så att jag kan se om det är värt det eller inte.

Dessutom vore det bra om vi kunde ordna någon lokal gratis eller för en mindre kostnad, känner du till någon i mälardalsområdet vore det jättebra.

Gå till trådem nedan och svara SAMT skicka mig ett PM (Personligt Meddelande) om du vill komma eller om du har en lämplig lokal inte mer än 25 mil från Stockholm.

http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7310
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Re: *** Swedish ROS:ers look here! Svenskar Se HIT ***

Post by Lone_Rifle »

If you're posting in the non-localised forums, it would help if the post was translated to English.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Post by Jaix »

Lone_Rifle wrote:If you're posting in the non-localised forums, it would help if the post was translated to English.
Yes, I agree, however it's just Swedish people that we want to read this and we are painfully short of time, else I would stuck to the swedish forum.

So to all english speeking ROS:ers, sorry, but this urgent message to the swedish community, however it will only bug you for 7 days.

Forum Moderator Jaix
FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

This kind of seems like an abuse of power. There's a localized forum for a reason.

FlyingIsFun1217
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

FlyingIsFun1217 wrote:This kind of seems like an abuse of power. There's a localized forum for a reason.

FlyingIsFun1217
"Abuse of power"?

First: This is an urgent new, so for me it´s perfect valid to reach any Swedish or any guy(not needed to be just Swedish) near the place where the meeting is going to take place.
SECOND: Aleksey Bragin supported this "abuse of power", (well he used "Spamming"),so there isnt any abuse of power but a previous agreement with out coordinator.
THIRD: Jaix is a moderator in all the forums, so that means he has been working for/with ReactOS a long time,he deserves at least some respect.
FlyingIsFun1217

This is an english forum. Countless other topics written in different languages have been moved to their respective forum. Why is this different? Unless other topics in different languages are allowed to be posted here, I am considering this abuse of power, regardless who posted.

FlyingIsFun1217
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Urgent and temporary message; other topics did not fall into this category.
FlyingIsFun1217

I can see that point; but why wouldn't you just WANT to put it in a subforum? If I natively spoke Spanish, I'd spend more time in a Spanish forum than in an English one.

FlyingIsFun1217
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle »

Jaix wrote: Yes, I agree, however it's just Swedish people that we want to read this and we are painfully short of time, else I would stuck to the swedish forum.

So to all english speeking ROS:ers, sorry, but this urgent message to the swedish community, however it will only bug you for 7 days.

Forum Moderator Jaix
Now I'm really curious as to what you're up to. What are you up to? Is there any way us non-swedish speakers can help?
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

FlyingIsFun1217 wrote: If I natively spoke Spanish, I'd spend more time in a Spanish forum than in an English one.
I natively speak Russian, but I spend much more time in English forums then in a Russian one, despite the fact that Russian is one of the most active forums. Swedish looks almost dead…
FlyingIsFun1217

Would have never imagined. And I'm seconding the idea of giving a translation also.

FlyingIsFun1217
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

FlyingIsFun1217 wrote: Would have never imagined.
Simply this one General Discussion forum is more active then all non-English forums taken together.
And I'm seconding the idea of giving a translation also.
Google translation :-)
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

It would really be easier for everyone if some people could use Google Translate straight away instead of writing posts that helps even less than the original post... People unable to do that surely also wouldn't be able to find some means of transport to Sweden in case they wanted to meet Aleksey there.
Witch

Post by Witch »

What's Aleksey doing in Sweden business or vacation? It's kind of short notice for proper preparations.
FlyingIsFun1217

Black_Fox wrote:It would really be easier for everyone if some people could use Google Translate straight away instead of writing posts that helps even less than the original post... People unable to do that surely also wouldn't be able to find some means of transport to Sweden in case they wanted to meet Aleksey there.
Half the time, using Google Translate leads me to believe that there is "meeting in developed peoples conference for speakers of it". And those are the logical translations.

FlyingIsFun1217