[Release]Bugs confirming![Test request]

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vicmarcal
Test Team

[Release]Bugs confirming![Test request]

Post by vicmarcal »

Hi guys/followers/testers/readers:

As you may know, we are going to begin the Release Cycle. There are several steps inside this Cycle, and we (non-devs) can help to speed up it a little.
Under these lines you will find a list of 100 bugs that are "Unconfirmed", in other words: We don't know if the bug exists or not really, and we need to begin confirming them as some could be Regressions that we don't want to get into in the next release.
For now, it would be more than enough Confirming or Unconfirming, we dont need to find the guilty commit in case one is a regression.
If we coordinate a little I am sure we can have those 100 in few days. Surprise me!!!

Just enter the reference (the number of the bug) in http://www.reactos.org/bugzilla search box. Hit enter and...test with the latest ISO from http://www.reactos.org/getbuilds
Please, answer to this thread with the Bugs tested so I will remove them from the list.
I.e: Tested #1200 and #1500, confirming both.

We want to release a nice 0.PI one. Help us!Thanks a lot! ;)

bug 6484 UNCONFIRMED normal Explorer doesn't remember SDI / MDI setting.
bug 6475 UNCONFIRMED normal Output to console window is slow
bug 6474 UNCONFIRMED minor When scrolling text, last line repeats
bug 6471 UNCONFIRMED normal Failure by explorer
bug 6465 UNCONFIRMED normal GUI setup: Search the answerfile "unattend.inf" in INSTALLPATH\system32
bug 6464 UNCONFIRMED normal What does ?Remove from Registry?
bug 6460 UNCONFIRMED normal Even though I selected SDI mode for explorer, when I start it from the start menu it's MDI
bug 6458 UNCONFIRMED enhancement Explorer should use SDI by default
bug 6454 UNCONFIRMED normal Video problem in Nexuiz
bug 6444 UNCONFIRMED normal ldr: Ollydbg fails to initialise debugee with INVALID_HANDLE exception
bug 6441 UNCONFIRMED minor vmwinst doesn't work at driver uninstall
bug 6436 UNCONFIRMED normal 100 percent CPU usage when using the broadcast settings in VypressChat
bug 6434 UNCONFIRMED normal driver problem after Installation
bug 6433 UNCONFIRMED normal Bootloader RAMDISK Error
bug 6431 UNCONFIRMED normal Old README.WINE
bug 6420 UNCONFIRMED normal REGRESSION: WordPad - background color on button is black on Formatbar
bug 6419 UNCONFIRMED normal Real Desktop Setup - Delphi Exception /Version mismatch
bug 6418 UNCONFIRMED normal Regression - Skype5.3 doesn't start
bug 6417 UNCONFIRMED normal MSVC: comdlg32: open in File menu does not work
bug 6410 UNCONFIRMED normal Slow audio playback on Qemu 0.14.x and Qemu 0.15 rc0
bug 6407 UNCONFIRMED normal REGRESSION: msi:msi fails 6 tests since rpcrt4 winesync
bug 6404 UNCONFIRMED normal ntdll_winetest:exception enters kdbg on int3 exception test
bug 6401 UNCONFIRMED normal Instantbird: Unable to connect to IRC or ICQ: Socket error #10022
bug 6400 UNCONFIRMED normal REGRESSION: uniata: System setup hangs on 1st stage on real hardware
bug 6397 UNCONFIRMED normal cmd shell has incomplete implementation of for loop
bug 6395 UNCONFIRMED normal Polish Names of the Virtual Memory Tab are cut-off (System properties ->Adwanced -> Performance - Settings
bug 6373 UNCONFIRMED normal kdbg: Issuing bt command freezes ReactOS
bug 6372 UNCONFIRMED normal kdbg: frames resolved incorrectly at backtrace
bug 6367 UNCONFIRMED normal Process Hacker
bug 6366 UNCONFIRMED normal METABUG: Yarotows merge regressions
bug 6364 UNCONFIRMED normal Assertion 'Ccb->OtherSide->OtherSide == Ccb' failed in qemu 0.13
bug 6359 UNCONFIRMED normal regedit: regedit does not show branch under russian WinXP
bug 6355 UNCONFIRMED normal Application while viewing License in AIDA32 3.94
bug 6353 UNCONFIRMED normal WIP: ARM Bringup Patch for latest SVN
bug 6348 UNCONFIRMED normal PE section load alignment is not consistent with Windows and Linux
bug 6347 UNCONFIRMED major Missing StrToInt64Ex in SHLWAPI.DLL
bug 6337 UNCONFIRMED normal ATI Radeon 9250 driver installation crashes ReactOS
bug 6324 UNCONFIRMED normal Can't move focus
Last edited by Saibamen on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Cleaning
Aeneas

Re: [Release]Bugs confirming![Test request]

Post by Aeneas »

Just checked it out of curiosity: 6330 seems not to be a "bug" but a proposal, doesn't it?
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Aeneas wrote:Just checked it out of curiosity: 6330 seems not to be a "bug" but a proposal, doesn't it?
Yup,this ia an automatic list.Just highlight them too and I will decide what to do with them(moving to enhancement,deleting it,etc).
Thanks!
Techno Mage

Post by Techno Mage »

The Build page is not giving out downloads

The last build I tested was a week ago, and most setup programs suddenly closed, or froze the OS after completing, they where working in the last release.
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

I was wondering when there was going to be another release. I was trying ReactOS on real hardware again yesterday though and there seem to be piles of regressions.

First of all, I'm seeing some odd issue where first stage setup intermittently slows to a crawl and then freezes at a seemingly random point while copying files. Anyone else see that? I don't see a bug out there for that off hand. I'll file one if I can narrow it down or get some debugging info - can first stage setup run in debug mode?

Also on my test machine ReactOS wouldn't boot after install unless I selected the Standard HAL over the APIC one.

And I couldn't get my real network card (Rtl8169) going - but I need to go back and check to make sure it was actually this one that was working.

Some of these kinds of bugs take soooo much time to narrow down and get any kind of information useful toward fixing the problem.
Saibamen

Post by Saibamen »

I edit your post and add bug BBCode for better navigation.
ReactOS Forum Global Moderator
IT-Maniak.pl administrator
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

Colin Finck
Developer

Post by Colin Finck »

Techno Mage wrote:The Build page is not giving out downloads
Sorry, my fault. I've fixed that in the meantime.
Thanks for reporting!

Best regards,

Colin Finck
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

bug 6385 UNCONFIRMED normal ReactOS creates SFNs for LFNs with spaces differently than Windows:

This appears to be fixed now. There was a fix for this checked in the other day. Using an image with fresh install of ReactOS SVN, Win9x scandisk and Norton Disk Doctor for windows no longer report any file name issues.

bug 6415 UNCONFIRMED minor ReactOS Setup can not handle more than 14 partitions on a drive:

I'd confirm this, but I was the one who reported it. The issue is still present in the trunk. This has never worked before, and is fairly minor as it would affect few people. Categorize it however you see fit. In my opinion, it need not be addressed for this release. Just whenever, you know :)

bug 6342 NEW normal REGRESSION: Unable to install bootloader to diskette since 0.3 series:

This is partially fixed in the CMAKE build. There is still one issue remaining with how ReactOS formats the disk. ReactOS writes the wrong value for "number of hidden sectors before the FAT" in the disk's parameter block. This prevents the disk from booting. Old RBuild builds still have the fat helper in the wrong place. Hmmm... Bblaauw's requests for other booting methods probably should be in separate bug reports.

Will the next release come from CMAKE or the old Rbuild builds?
Last edited by Saibamen on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added bug BBCode
mrugiero

Post by mrugiero »

This bugs seems to be enhancement requests:
bug 6483
bug 6478
bug 6468
bug 6328

I've exams this week, so I'll probably test next week if there is something to try.
Last edited by Saibamen on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

SomeGuy wrote: can first stage setup run in debug mode?
It should run in debug mode by default. If you want to get debug output from freeldr, it must be recompiled.
Some of these kinds of bugs take soooo much time to narrow down and get any kind of information useful toward fixing the problem.
Very true.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

SomeGuy wrote:Will the next release come from CMAKE or the old Rbuild builds?
I'd say CMAKE
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Techno Mage

Post by Techno Mage »

Here is one not on the list, Virtual Box drivers no longer install, and as of 53771 there are Squares everywhere in the virtual box driver install.
Techno Mage

Post by Techno Mage »

bug 6487 Fixed
bug 6486 Confirmed
bug 6334 Confirmed
Last edited by Saibamen on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Already fixed: bug 6447
Confirmed: bug 6456, bug 6457, bug 6463, bug 6466
Unconfirmed/Needs BZ maintainers' attention in some way: bug 6445, bug 6455, bug 6462

Update:
Confirmed: bug 6322, bug 6344