ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DOSGuy

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Post by DOSGuy »

I don't see the point of allowing donations to not be listed at all. Is someone supposed to figure out who you are based on the date or amount of your donation? I agree with fulea.stefan that all donations should be listed in the interest of public perception. If we publish some donations and not others, it looks like we're trying to hide them.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.
zed260

Post by zed260 »

DOSGuy wrote:I don't see the point of allowing donations to not be listed at all. Is someone supposed to figure out who you are based on the date or amount of your donation? I agree with fulea.stefan that all donations should be listed in the interest of public perception. If we publish some donations and not others, it looks like we're trying to hide them.
not everyone wants to be listed on donation page
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Due to the many misconceptions flying around, consider this to be the official statement regarding donation tracking.

People who donate and wish to be anonymous have their donations listed as Anonymous on the donation page. Otherwise their name is associated with the donation.

The tracking bar at the top of the site does NOT reflect the cumulative sum of all donations. It represents the sum minus processing fees that are incurred. As such, attempting to sum all donations listed on the donation page is a very bad way of trying to see how close the project is to reaching its goal, as that page lists the actual amount donated, not subtracting processing fees.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Pesho wrote:Just donated 10$. It's not much, but if enough people do this, we will raise the necessary amount in no time. This isn't like those "vote to win a contest" initiatives, this is a proper fundraiser that will get things done.
Yeah!Just 2000 guys doing the same as you will mean 20.000$.Not a bad amount for the first-focus-on-development Fundraising :)
Should we begin a "Donate just 10 bucks for Opensource Freedom" campaign? :)
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

To celebrate your fund raising efforts, here is a screen shot of Microsoft Money running under ReactOS: :D

[ external image ]
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

zed260 wrote:
DOSGuy wrote:I don't see the point of allowing donations to not be listed at all. Is someone supposed to figure out who you are based on the date or amount of your donation? I agree with fulea.stefan that all donations should be listed in the interest of public perception. If we publish some donations and not others, it looks like we're trying to hide them.
not everyone wants to be listed on donation page
Yes, but that is not the point. What is wrong with having your donation listed without your name? That is what DOSGuy was getting at. Now, you either can list your name on the donation, list just the amount, or hide the donation altogether. Just listing the amount and nothing else is enough privacy. Hiding it altogether is what seems to be pointless. I would have no problems if things were itemized by date and all the anonymous donations within a certain time frame were grouped into a single sum. It still shows the amount that was given for that time period.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

You could add a google adsense banner to the website/wiki/forums, and use the earnings for the fundraising.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

cmoibenlepro wrote:You could add a google adsense banner to the website/wiki/forums, and use the earnings for the fundraising.
Sadly Google rejected us from Adsense program.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Really? Why?
Was it at the same time they rejected reactos from the GSOC?
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

cmoibenlepro wrote:
Really? Why?
Was it at the same time they rejected reactos from the GSOC?
Nope, it was years ago. The reason I know is that Google rejected us because they detected "bad-clicks" or something like that.That´s really odd since we never tried to cheat Google, and uncontrollable really since we are a big project well-known and anyone could have behaved incorrectly.
But well..summing up, they had thrown us away ;)
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

If I donate, could ReactOS give me a receipt for tax deduction in Canada?
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Does Canada regard donations to foreign registered non-profits tax deductible in the first place?
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

No. ReactOS would have to be a charity registered with the Canada Revenue Agency.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

DOSGuy wrote:No. ReactOS would have to be a charity registered with the Canada Revenue Agency.
Would it be difficult to register?
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

It would certainly require one or rather more people out there, doing all the paperwork and stuff.