Contract Awarded to Mike Nordell

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Black_Fox

Contract Awarded to Mike Nordell

Post by Black_Fox »

News #86 wrote:The ReactOS Project is delighted to announce another development contract funded by community donations. Mike Nordell was a previous ReactOS developer that went on sabbatical but continued to drop in to check on the project from time to time. As such, he has considerable experience developing ReactOS and (...)
Thank you, ReactOS Team! :D This piece of news made me so happy that I went and donated €20 (~500CZK) on the spot.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Re: Contract Awarded to Mike Nordell

Post by vicmarcal »

Good news!!!
Yaraslau

Post by Yaraslau »

vicmarcal wrote:Good news!!!
A new contract? Donation? Or both? :)
milon

Post by milon »

A new contract (that was funded by the community's donations). Awesome contract, by the way! Very cool!! :D
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Yaraslau wrote:
vicmarcal wrote:Good news!!!
A new contract? Donation? Or both? :)
Both of course!
Hope moar (Donation and Contracts) are coming!!At least I wish so :)
wildschwein

Post by wildschwein »

BOCKSTARK !

The "ROS wheel is coming on speed now" :-)

This is so motivating for me that the third contract is assigned !

30 Euro from me, at the end of the month !

Come on guys, who joins an extra donation round as an award for doing so excellent work from the whole ROS Project team !
(Because assigning contracts is also a lot of work !)

The amount of the donation sum is not important ! 5 Euro is also very cute !

It's a pleasure to read nearly every week such good news....Let's go on - We all !
Pesho

Post by Pesho »

You don't need to tell me to do a second donation, it already happened ;) It's only 10€ but it's something!
tamlin
Developer

Post by tamlin »

Just wanted to drop by and say Hi and Thanks.

I have indeed been around for some years now. :) Many in a row occupied with life, but always returning to at least check up on progress in ReactOS every now-and-then.

On last visit I got hit by a surprise, and to make a long story short - I was awarded a contract. I'm quadruply happy by this:

1. ReactOS may get help in vital areas often not so "fun" to look into.
2. The people in charge still have this trust in me and my abilities.
3. People donating gets to see their money used for something tangible.
4. I got an incentive to again do something I love - Improve ReactOS!

To me, personally, this has been the spark I've been needing for a long time, and I have so far in a week or two logged *way* more hours in ReactOS development (many which I won't charge for under this contract, as that work is strictly not under contract terms) than I have done in previous *years*.

I hope and think this contract will turn out to be VERY well spent money.

Thank you. All. And may our hopes align with results.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

To forum mods: Could tamlin please not only get included into a developer group, but also have his nick appropriately colored the same yellow as the rest of the developers? :-)
wildschwein

Post by wildschwein »

Welcome Mike !

Perhaps you can shortly introduce you, from which country you are, and if you are studying and if yes, then which matter.
If you want to, you can provide only some data on your own part of webpage.

ROS-community is always keen on new facts of devs !

I read your other post, of how you found the error in SetExceptionFilter. Even if i don't exactly understand what you did, i see, that you are a "crack" and those are needed to "finish" ROS.

Glad to hear, that one more dev is "on-board" who uses hard weapons: disassembler, patches, and knows a lot of tricks !

to forum mods: Please add him in "green" to the list of active devs. It's alwasy good to see, that the green color is growing !
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

Black_Fox wrote:To forum mods: Could tamlin please not only get included into a developer group, but also have his nick appropriately colored the same yellow as the rest of the developers? :-)
How dare you call the developers yellow? It's clearly orange!
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

wildschwein wrote:to forum mods: Please add him in "green" to the list of active devs
Yes, and this one at the wiki page People of ReactOS :-)
DOSGuy wrote:How dare you call the developers yellow? It's clearly orange!
Ha, I'm not that good at (British?) English to realize that possible equation yellow=coward without being told, sorry :mrgreen:
chrisv5

Post by chrisv5 »

Well, joining the general celebrations with another 20 Euros donation. Keep them contracts coming and there will be more! Nothing motivates more than seeing the money getting used for a good purpose. Well, more frequent releases would be nice as well. Come on guys, only one release this year? You can do better than that!

I agree with many others, more frequent updates on the donation page might be an encouragement to more donations as well. Need a helping hand, maybe?
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

The rate of updates on donations is dependent on the availability of the accountant for the German based foundation. It is not something that can be automated easily, if at all.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Mods, please make tamlin a slightly more developer in the forums :-) He's been a kernel dev, he shouldn't lose the status after the contract ends.

Also, I hereby offer a 50€ donation to support any new WPA/WPA2 Wi-Fi implementation contract. I don't force anyone to start it though, I just offer :-)