EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cruonit

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by cruonit »

Kingsoft Office 2012 works !
- installs
- runs without problems
- is not usable :)

The best Microsoft Office clone(compatibiliy, speed(even fatser than MS Office, design), works on the best Windows Clone :)

[ external image ]

The problem a new document can't be created

[ external image ]

with the ribbon layout:
[ external image ]
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Oh!What kind of video are you trying to open inside Kingsoft?hahaha
Wtf?
That seems as a big corruption?
Our richedit control seems to be totally fucked.
Please report it!
PD: SoftMaker seems to be a pretty nice clone too. I remember 2008 version was working in Reactos.Dunno about 2012(it has ribbon control too).
PS:Did you try running Kingsoft in Arwinss? Just to see if becomes usable :).
PS:Is there any entry in Wine's Bugzilla ?
PS: Try in all the resolutions too. Sometimes graphics doesnt behave the same at 32 bits/16bits.

It would be so cool to test it :)
cruonit

Post by cruonit »

vicmarcal wrote:Oh!What kind of video are you trying to open inside Kingsoft?hahaha
Wtf?
That seems as a big corruption?
Our richedit control seems to be totally fucked.
Please report it!
PD: SoftMaker seems to be a pretty nice clone too. I remember 2008 version was working in Reactos.Dunno about 2012(it has ribbon control too).
PS:Did you try running Kingsoft in Arwinss? Just to see if becomes usable :).
PS:Is there any entry in Wine's Bugzilla ?
PS: Try in all the resolutions too. Sometimes graphics doesnt behave the same at 32 bits/16bits.

It would be so cool to test it :)
hehehe
Not shure if it's a richedit (that is excel but still very very strange) i think it's more a group of textboxes (i would implement it like that) , didn't had time to look at the debug log.
SoftMaker isn't free ?

Had bad expirience with Arwinss (BSOD and after that i need to reinstall reactos it's goin on my nerve)
There is a etry in wine about the bug: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=24395
so reactos has the same bug as WINE so the easiest way would be to wait for WINE but i still think it's a big WIN.
cruonit

Post by cruonit »

i thought again about it and it would be better to implement it with GDI+ so just to draw the excel table some clues:

[ external image ]

when a redraw is happening it repaints itself and then it works so it could be a GDI bug
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Bash working in ReactOS.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/win-bash/?source=dlp
[ external image ]

Showing the content of 1.txt
Ordering and storing in 2.txt
Showing the contenf of 2.txt
Diff between both files. 1->2
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

FoxItReader 4.31.0323
http://www.oldapps.com/foxit_reader.php ... 9032372258

It's working awesome.Testing highlighting, underlining,colors:
[ external image ]

Moving through bookmarks, adding bookmarks works too. Also the finder finds words(awesome!)
[ external image ]

Dunno why, but foxitreader has measurement tools(areas, point-to-point), here an example:
[ external image ]

Resizing, Full screen, 2views, just one, book view, fit to page, fit width,etc works.
But it has a nasty bug. The "File","Design",etc.. menus just displays once...later they looks as collapsed(but they still work).Yeah, to odd to explain with words. Just test it!
jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

going to test SumatraPDF, Audacity, 7-zip and VLC media player
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Thanks Jonas!
But..could you help also with Testing Central test? It will be really appreciated.Basically a good score there will help us to release ;)
Aeneas

Post by Aeneas »

@ vicmarcal

Does Bash also "pipe out"? You know, with "bashorwhatever | cmd2"...

That would be interesting for remote control...
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Aeneas wrote:@ vicmarcal

Does Bash also "pipe out"? You know, with "bashorwhatever | cmd2"...

That would be interesting for remote control...
No idea. I tried a couple of commands and such...but nothing big really. I was able to pipe out from one file to the other and sorting content, but few actions more.
You should give it a try ;)
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

swight

Post by swight »

ReactOS liveCD(livecd-58736-dbg) now boots to desktop on my samsung NP-QX410-SO2US. couldn't do much once there because my laptop only gets internet over wireless and the file explorer is still as crappy as it was the last time I tried it if not worse.

Some bugs I noted
1.the explorer wouldn't display the contents of any of the drives on my laptop. is there some issue with ssd's which is this laptops main upgrade in the past 4 years.

2.When I tried accessing folders through the start menu it displayed an error that I had to click off 2 or three times before it went away.

3. In the add remove programs application when I modified the settings it could not create a folder at the default location. possibly because it was trying to write to a read only cd. didn't really look into it. There should really be some sort of ram disk to cover this issue or an option to write changes to a hardrive when they would otherwise attempt to write to cd.

I tried to boot up reactos on my desktop but failed do to UEFI not allowing legacy devices to boot. and I don't want to have to fiddle with those settings. new HP bios = big headache if you actually want to do anything.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

I think you must forget about the current file explorer, until a new one will arrive (the explorer_new in our codebase).
swight

Post by swight »

That particular issue was actually a regression. you used to be able to get to the contents of drives with the current explorer though it would open a new window each time you did. now no new windows open and no contents are displayed. Think it is some sort of graphics refresh issue.

I am also aware of explorer new. just also know that it has been sitting around collecting dust for over a year because no one implemented the functions it needs to run. so I am not overly optimistic about getting a decent out of the box explorer anytime soon. just wish one or the other would get fixed(and then made default if it is explorer_new) so we would have a usable file browser that doesn't have to be downloaded. If that happens then that would be an epic win in my book.
milon

Post by milon »

Does anyone know if SSD's have ever worked / been tested in ROS? I doubt it's a regression issue, although that certainly is possible.