ReactOS Don Shop Failures

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

DougLyons

Post by DougLyons »

Is anyone else in the United States having problems getting their Don Shop merchandise?
I put in an order on October 25th, 2014 for two USB drives and have not gotten them yet.
At the time of the order there was a note that said that I should have them in 2-3 weeks.

I sent one email on November 18th and received a response from Victor on November 24th.
The message was that there had been some problems, but they should be on the way now.
After four more weeks I sent another email on December 21th to Victor.
I realize the holidays slow everything down, but still after two more weeks there has been no response.

I do not want this to be any negative reflection to the ReactOS people because I really appreciate what they do.
Waiting 10 weeks is just too long. If there needs to be another option for delivery then that should be addressed.
I believe that Federal Express has international service and they provide detailed tracking and delivery information.
I would gladly pay for this service if it were an option at the Don Shop, but as far as I could see, it was not.
What I am wondering is about whether there is just a problem with US deliveries.

Thanks to any one who can help shed any light on my situation.
Last edited by DougLyons on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gonzoMD

Re: ReactOS Don Shop Failures

Post by gonzoMD »

Please join the irc channel #ReactOS at freenode and talk to vicmarcal.

There will be surely a solution for your problem.
DougLyons

Post by DougLyons »

Thank you for your response.

I have never used irc so I will have to download and install a client and get this working.
I'll give it a try soon.

Thanks again.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

You can also use browser-based chat at http://webchat.freenode.net/
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I contacted him too. He is quite busy these days, but I think he will see it
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
DougLyons

Post by DougLyons »

Black_Fox and EmuandCo,

Thank you for your help and suggestions.
I am about to start my work day and so it will be several hours before I have a chance to try this.

Again, Thanks.

Doug Lyons
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

DougLyons wrote:Is anyone else in the United States having problems getting their Don Shop merchandise?
I put in an order on October 25th, 2014 for two USB drives and have not gotten them yet.
At the time of the order there was a note that said that I should have them in 2-3 weeks.

I sent one email on November 18th and received a response from Victor on November 24th.
The message was that there had been some problems, but they should be on the way now.
After four more weeks I sent another email on December 21th to Victor.
I realize the holidays slow everything down, but still after two more weeks there has been no response.

I do not want this to be any negative reflection to the ReactOS people because I really appreciate what they do.
Waiting 10 weeks is just too long. If there needs to be another option for delivery then that should be addressed.
I believe that Federal Express has international service and they provide detailed tracking and delivery information.
I would gladly pay for this service if it were an option at the Don Shop, but as far as I could see, it was not.
What I am wondering is about whether there is just a problem with US deliveries.

Thanks to any one who can help shed any light on my situation.
Indeed it is. Your complaint is warranted, given the stated facts.

I said this before, but I think there should be some extra quality control (also in non-coding issues, I mean) to comply to some minimum standards. Having to wait more than 6 months for a change of a website-button, or 10 weeks for a product to be delivered, just isn't tolerable, nor gives a good impression.

I mean, good will and 'best effort' is fine and all that, but some minimum expectations must be met. Why not make a more structured approach in which quality control can be more rigorously and easily be checked and applied?

For the short run, however, DougLyons, please be patient and I would apologise on behalf of those in charge of the issue, if I had the authority, but I can only and simply assume something grave and unforeseen has happened and they're doing their best to rectify it. Even when the worst would happen, I'm sure ROS will act according to ECC regulations.
DougLyons

Post by DougLyons »

Well, I gave up on trying irc. It was too unfamiliar to me. At my age of 64 years, it gets harder to learn new things every day.
It has now been almost eight months and I have not gotten the two USB drives that I paid for through PayPal.

I have just sent another email to victor.martinez@reactos.org just to see if he will answer this one.
Certainly he is busy. Maybe he needs help and someone can volunteer for this.

I see that the Don Shop has expanded, but I am afraid that I cannot support it if they cannot fill their existing orders.

All the Best to the ReactOS Team.

Doug Lyons
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I contacted vicmarcal. Long story short... EMail filters can be really really nice, but sometimes... not ^^ He did not see the mail from you, because it was moved out of sight immediately. He promised to check what went wrong at your order at TOP priority that day, as soon as he is @ home and has a PC for doing so.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...